When no one seems to believe you

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jhayes0027, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Well what do you do when everyone just pushes you off as stupid? I've already talked to a doctor about my depression, nothing useful came from that except the option for medication which I didn't take. This weekend though i got so far down and actually told a cop I've been thinking of killing myself. Well he played me off as drunk I suppose and just fined me with the usual crap I guess, took me and my friends to jail for a night. But why doesn't anyone ever care, I said hey what if i kill myself and he just says nothing back. God that makes me want to kill myself even more, it's like everyone thinks I'm lying about having suicidal thoughts. I hope I die sometime soon whether it be accident or not and that cop be the one to arrive at the scene first. I hate people anymore.

Sorry for rambling I'm an idiot I guess.

2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Do you take these feelings seriously? You went to a doctor looking for help, but did not accept the help he gave you or asked for a different form of help? Telling the police won't help you. I find that 99% of them are self-rightous pricks who suck at existence. Especially if you live in a big city.

But in the end I find that sometimes you just have to fix something.. not matter how exhausting that might be.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You are not an idiot for rambling, everyone at times need to get how they are feeling out. I find it odd that people view depression or wanting to kill themselves as a stupid act. Depression is a serious illness and that cop should have realized you were serious. The cop also if he thought you were drunk, should have conducted a sobriety test and possibly given you the breathalyzer. He then would have realized you weren't drunk.

You need to find someone, a doctor, therapist, etc. to talk to. To help you through this because sometimes people are just blind to what's staring right in their faces. I'm sorry people aren't taking you serious in your every day life. Please stay safe, PM away if you need to talk :hug:

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

people are selfish arsehoes who could care less about us, people with real problems. It's a tough world, and I hate many for not caring :(

5. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Well it's not that I didn't accept but I don't want medication, too many people around here are addicted to it all and I don't want to be a part of that. He did offer me another form, to be sent to what he called the "nut house". He said I didn't seem crazy or like I needed to be there, which I don't think I do. I just needed someone to talk too I guess. Just gets hard when you don't really have anyone to talk too. But yeah telling the police didn't help, telling friends doesn't help as they seem to be just as depressed as I am. Last time I told a friend all I got was the reply, "well tell me before you do it, I'll go too." yeah that was helpful lol.

Yes I do take these feeling seriously though. I've been thinking bad thoughts since I was 14 or so, am 22 now but never told anyone up until 6 months ago or so when I told that doctor. They are serious feelings, just have never had anything to really set me off. It was the smart mouth of that cop that got me to pop off with it the other night which is probably why he just viewed me as being smart mouthed in return, which I was in a way but was serious by what I meant.

It's bad sometimes though, there are a few people that understand me better than others, but those are people I very rarily see. I'm also not an attention seeker at all, I hate being social and don't like being around people, sometimes it just feels like I gotta get things out or I'm going to lose it and just go insane.

Anyway, I feel better today, just have those times when I go really really down hill. Thanks for the replies, letting things out is more helpful than a lot of people could ever imagine.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2007