when nobody knows how you feel

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FakeSmile, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FakeSmile

FakeSmile New Member

Makes things a million times harder.

2. randonguybr

randonguybr Member

I don't know... When I talk about this with close friends, frequently they just say "it's only drama, everybody have problems" or "you don't have any real problem, stop with this" and then I feel just more depressed...

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I most definitely agree with you. I noticed that this is your first post, do you want to tell us more about your situation and what you are battling and struggling through?

4. Guestor

Guestor Member

Of course it does. The fact that people are most often oblivious to your suffering because you are not screaming it also makes it worse, too.
    With al l due respect, that does not sound how "friends" would/should speak.

5. randonguybr

randonguybr Member

Yes, I know, but these are the answers I get. So I decided not to talk about it anymore with them.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, it can be very hard when people don't know how you feel. And it is worse when you try to explain but they don't understand. That's why it is good to post here about things, because people will understand. What are you going through? We will be here to listen and try to help :)

7. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

I know of this all too well! I even told a good friend that I was thinking of swallowing pills or hanging myself and she still didn't even try to meet up with me and we don't live far from each other. Sometimes you can scream suicide and nobody listens. I don't think that it's because they don't care, I think it's 1. too much for them and they feel hopeless at helping you. 2. They can't understand why on earth you want to die 3. They sometimes have their own shit going on. I think this is why. But yes, it totally blows to feel alone with so many horrible feelings looming up at you. Thank God for websites like this. I can't talk about any of these things out loud and when I mention killing myself, my friends just get all awkward and uncomfortable. It's not a good feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.