when nothing works?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Wastingecho, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

this is the longest i've been on meds, different varieties, different strengths

11 months now

not making a difference

just took my last up-dose

not going to renew - still have renewals on lower dose - going with those to taper off then stop

don't know what to do

the few who pretend to care (not many) say i look better but they don't see me crying in the bathroom or at my desk

took the burns test 3 times - feb, may, last week - same bloody score - amazingly consistent

so what do you do when nothing works?

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

If you feel like they arnt working then you right you should stop taking them. But maybe something else will work? I mean meds dont fix everything but they lighten the blow a bit. I love you!! :wub:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Therapy with a good psychologist works Newer meds now out there i just tried new one after 2 years of trying it is working wellbutrin sr different then cipralex it takes time to get you right meds so many to try Therapy is a definite way to go it helps to talk things out with someone who can guide you some don't give up not yet okay

4. Wastingecho

been through way too many meds and can't talk to psychs - never works

5. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

In the same boat as you, after almost 3 years of taking meds, just stopped taking them about 6 weeks ago, after a while I really don't think that's a good solution depending on them for so long.:argh: Yeah, as far as talking to psychs go... hopefully you'll get an alternative to either one of those, there has to be.:unsure:

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

hey echo you have many friends on here who care about you..I've seen that..
    so don't give up ....
    keep trying new meds till one works ....
    does talking about things not help you?
    :arms:

7. Wastingecho

not good at it in general

impossible (not exaggerating) with a psych

8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I know what you mean I've been in the same hole for so long now.I've tried that many meds have done pretty much everything and nothing helps.I can't even smile anymore,nothing works no matter what I try now at all.I'm at my wits end with all this shit also to be honest.

9. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

You could try ECT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.