When people start asking questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

I have depression and right now I am going through a rough patch. I have had this for a long time and know how to deal with it and that it will go away. But of course during that time I am a bit more reserved and quite and generally just want to be left alone. But my friends notice this and become worried or interested. I definitely DO NOT want them to know I have depression (it would make things really awkward - and please lets just leave it at that). How can I reassure them that nothing is wrong and I just want to be left alone?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Just explain to them you are overstressed abit these days and need down time thats all. everyone needs some time to just be on their own and be quiet. I think my friends understand it when i tell them this Take care

masive

Banned Member
Hes right its good that you have people that acutally care and that you can see they do. For many of us we dont even see that and belive people dont care.

When people ask me questions I genual brush the topic off with another question and walk away. I try to be a little talkative at work so it doesnt raise any suspsion with anyone, knowing that when i go home I can start to dig myself a deeper and deeper hole. Its is almost saturficing. I use to bodybuild and used the burn and pump as a way to gain pleasure form it but over time my interest has become less and less. I use to use my depreesion in ways i could beniffit from it but the eass thought of not seems better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00