When self harm doesn't help any more

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Emery, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emery

Emery New Member

I cut to keep my self alive. Tonight I discovered it doesn't work anymore, despite the cuts being many and very deep, some even deep enough there is nerve damage. It doesn't work anymore, what do you do then? It's a scary feeling, your crutch not working anymore and strangely calming.

2. daisyhope

daisyhope Active Member

Hey, i got to that point and i chose other things (bad things). The best advice i can give if find yourself a therapist or someone who you can talk to. Someone that can help you come out of this place and not go any further.

3. Emery

Emery New Member

The issue I have with seeing a therapist is that I've tried and got a few bad ones, but I kept trying till I ran out of options in my area due to my insurance doctors not accepting new patients. Just been fighting everything on my own.

4. daisyhope

daisyhope Active Member

oh that really sucks, im sorry. keep up with distractions... sooner or later the urges do go away.

5. SilhouetteOfADancer

SilhouetteOfADancer Active Member

Cutting is an addiction, you need more and more of it as time passes by, and after what you have said, i think you need help before your urges overwhelm you, and you cause yourself perhaps even a fatal injury. You really need to find firstly a way of combatting this addiction, and secondly, a way of replacing it with something sustainable, and constructive if possible. For your own sake, please seek help because there will be an underlying reason for you cutting and it is that which needs combatting above all else.
    I hope you stay safe and things get better for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.