When should I stop panicking?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by carebear32, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

The last couple of nights I've had this dream where I 'blow up' I see myself getting fatter and fatter and looking like a small elephant. I panicked and first thing I wanted to do was exercise, except that it was the really early hours of the morning and I also I just don't have the energy, so now I fear it coming true. The more I stress, the more I find myself eating.

2. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

Hey CB! what are you stressed about?

3. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

My financial situation, the fact that I keep finding more bills on a daily basis that need paying and I still cannot find a job. Then there's having to cancel my therapy sessions, and I'm so anxious lately that I can't sleep and I'm exhausted.

4. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

When I was in therapy for my eating disorder, I was told to write down everything I was feeling after I ate (*if* I ate). It was supposed to clear my head. I'm sure it would work both ways. So since stress is causing you to eat, maybe sorting out everything that is stressing you out in a journal, and writing in it before you eat, would obliterate the emotional/stress eating and you'll eat just enough. :) Don't put too much thoughts into dreams - they are basically what has been worrying you, or what's been on your subconscious. It's possible you have just been worried about weight gain since your anxiety levels have increased, which fuels the overeating. :hug: Try exercising when you are stressed. It may do you a world of good. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.