When should i tell my GF about anti-depressants?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Shock, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Ok, so the real reason im putting this out here is that, frankly, Im having trouble during 'intimate times' if you catch my drift. So far ive been able to bull shit my way out but soon.... so weve been together over a month...should I tell her bout the anti depressants and depression or just stop taking the pills? honeslty i think id lose her if i told her i was some depressed freak but man its a lose lose situation! lol
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

She'll probably be very understanding. You can downplay the effects of the depression - but you needn't. She likes you as you currently are, which is as a "depressed freak"... Honesty is the best policy, in all things.
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i agree, best to just tell her and get it out in the open as it is obvisously worrying you and you dont need the extra pressure.
    i am sure she will understand, up to you how much you tell her etc etc.

good luck
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Depression itself is enough to give you problems inthose intimate moments whether or not you are taking meds. They can make the situation worse. If you don't tell her then you are going to end up with a problem in this department that most relationships can't survive. If you do tell her and she doesn't understand then it's good that you find that out now because it means she probably isn't worth it anyway. If you are honest with her and she does understand then you have found a real gem and that honesty may bring you even closer together. Best of luck. Hope it works out for you.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

If you know it's a solid relationship I'd tell her.

From my experience a lot of girls actually like the fact that someone is depressed, as weird as that may sound.
    But it is because they know you have feelings and are genuine.
    Also there is a nurturing mothering part that every girl has and if someone is depressed then they'll want to take care of you.
    At least that's been my experience.

But I don't know her. Just make sure you guys are solid. Sure she'll have no problem with it.

6. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Whenever you want, it can be private if you chose it to be.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

fromthatshow, that's definitely the case. It's nice to be needed, that goes for both genders. My most intimate moments with my ex were always when she was feeling depressed. This week I'm fully suicidal and she's gone completely nurturing on me. :)
  8. flayflow

flayflow Well-Known Member

Never keep secres in a relationship no matter how bad you think they might be. I kept secrets and lied and i lost the love of myself...dont do the same
  9. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

It's probably a bad idea to keep secrets, though this is probably one of those don't ask don't tell things, I mean, does she really need to know? If you're having those moments especially during times like those perhaps your medication isn't even working in the first place.

Either way, not taking them is a bad option, you could be rather unstable without them compared to what you may be now, a worse situation..