1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When someone says something small and pushes you over the edge

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by anarulesmenow, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Do you ever get pushed over the edge by small comments that just build up?
    Ive had a pretty crap night, but I though I was managing to cope.And then one of my friends made a few jokes about food and about me (although I dont think she meant them in a nasty way) and it just pushed me over.Ive cut myself for the first time in over a year and Im finding it hard not to take the pills.
    Ive had an eating disorder for about 5 years, and also suffer from bipolar disorder, anxiety and panic attacks, stress and ocd. I have also attempted suicide before. My friend doesnt know about this stuff (I find it really hard to let people in) and I know it's not her fault that her comments set me off like this; any normal person wouldn't have been bothered.
    Maybe I'm oversensitive, but when the comments are about food and that it just sets me off.She makes comments a lot and I know she doesn't mean it but it hurts.Sorry, I sound really pathetic but I'd just managed to control myself and now i've just been pushed over the edge again. It just reminds me of all the things I hate about myself over and over again.
    This has made me realise how on the verge of suicide I am and it scares me, but I don't see a way out. Maybe I should talk to her, but I'm scared and I don't know what to say.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You don't sound pathetic. But I do think talking to her is a good idea, at least so she knows how you feel.

3. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Yeah I have no idea what to say though.It might sound petty and childish, and she might not see it as a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.