When someone says something small and pushes you over the edge

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by anarulesmenow, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Do you ever get pushed over the edge by small comments that just build up?
    Ive had a pretty crap night, but I though I was managing to cope.And then one of my friends made a few jokes about food and about me (although I dont think she meant them in a nasty way) and it just pushed me over.Ive cut myself for the first time in over a year and Im finding it hard not to take the pills.
    Ive had an eating disorder for about 5 years, and also suffer from bipolar disorder, anxiety and panic attacks, stress and ocd. I have also attempted suicide before. My friend doesnt know about this stuff (I find it really hard to let people in) and I know it's not her fault that her comments set me off like this; any normal person wouldn't have been bothered.
    Maybe I'm oversensitive, but when the comments are about food and that it just sets me off.She makes comments a lot and I know she doesn't mean it but it hurts.Sorry, I sound really pathetic but I'd just managed to control myself and now i've just been pushed over the edge again. It just reminds me of all the things I hate about myself over and over again.
    This has made me realise how on the verge of suicide I am and it scares me, but I don't see a way out. Maybe I should talk to her, but I'm scared and I don't know what to say.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You don't sound pathetic. But I do think talking to her is a good idea, at least so she knows how you feel.

3. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Yeah I have no idea what to say though.It might sound petty and childish, and she might not see it as a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.