When someone sees

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by crunchie, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

I just had my psychotic ex- boyfriend come over so I can do his laundry. I know that is not healthy, and probably a really wrong thing for me to do. But he asked for my help, and I said I´d do it. It all happened a bit fast, and I didnt have time to put on my long sleeves. He is the only person who ever knew about the cutting, and when we broke up I promised never to do it again. But I did, after HIS breakdown I felt too much, and I dulled it with cutting.. And now he saw. And he is worried, and I´m worried he´ll tell someone, or try to get more involved in my life. I really cant cope with him being actively in my life. I know I keep letting him in, but I have problems turning people down when they ask for help. And when there is too much, I cope by cutting.

How do I deal with this, because all I want to do right now is cut, and take away the anxiety. But I know I shouldnt..
  2. bleedingrage

bleedingrage Active Member

Well once someone sees there's not much to do. Try and explain the situation to him. Try a bit of make up to cover them up a bit in case you're confronted about it. After a while it becomes second nature as far as hiding scars goes. Mine are mostly from Burns and those suckers are hard to cover up. Best of luck to you.
  3. indigogrl79

indigogrl79 Member

I think hiding scars becomes routine, ive been using Bio Oil and recently been going to a tanning bed. I am a chicken and dont cut or anything like that... so its more of a anxiety problem for me.

Let me tell you its hard feeling closed in while laying in a tanning bed... when you are claustrophobic. But to get rid of the scars... its overall worth it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.