When the cops get trigger... er, taser and shove happy

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Growing Pains, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to do. I can't think clearly, I don't know what to search. I pulled up the laws, and I've seen where they broke at least two. Past that, I just don't know. And I don't know where else to go but here. My brother and his girlfriend were fighting. Happens a lot lately. My mother and I have nicely asked this girl to leave several times. The last time two times the cops were called it was by us and only because we wanted her to leave, she wouldn't leave, this is our property, it was trespassing. Each time, she was asked politely to leave by not only us but the officer then on duty. The officer we dealt with those two times was polite, nice, and actually listened to what we were trying to say. I have his name and plan on sending my compliments. This time, however, we were not the ones to call the law. It was our neighbor. I do not blame her as I knew it would come to this eventually. Tonight, his girlfriend came onto our property uninvited - neither me, my mother, nor my brother invited her over tonight. They had gotten in a fight earlier in which she'd threatened his life, and so he had walked to my sisters house (even in the Summer heat, but that's my brother for ya) and had spent the day here. He came home because he didn't want her bringing the drama to my sisters home on account of my sister being pregnant. I came home because I wanted to spend time with my dog. His girlfriend came into the mix and instantly started on him. My mom and I witnessed everything. We were in the kitchen (and this is a mobile home, so it's small and we can generally see everything). She was yelling, he was yelling. He never laid a hand on her. In fact, she shoved him. The only time he touched her was to get her hands off him. But the neighbor doesn't like him (not that I blame her, he does get very loud) and so was quick to tell the officers that he shoved her, not the other way around. When they arrived, none of them tried speaking to neither me nor my mom (even though we were witnesses more than any of the neighbors were. To my knowledge, they did not speak to my brother, either. The neighbor told them that he shoved his girlfriend, and the girlfriend said that he hit her. Neither of which ever occurred. Being that my brother and I do not get along, if it had occurred I'll admit that I'd be honest about the fact. After speaking to only the neighbor and only her, the three officers literally tore into our house (even though my brother was not in it). My mother and I were standing in the hallway near the door, trying to get one of them to speak to us. (Until that point, I was being curt and calm. Until that point, of course) On the way through the hall, one of the officers shoved me - literally put both hands on me and shoved. I hit the wall and almost the ground. It hurts, but there's no bruise to prove it. I had not done anything, hadn't even raised my voice yet. They leapt over the child gate that separates our big dog from our small ones, breaking it in the process, tore through the kitchen and shoved the front door open - breaking the chain lock we have up and the knob in the process. At that point, they found my brother. He posed no threat. He had had a knife on him, but the officers had already asked him to remove any weapons and he obliged. The knife is still sitting in the bathroom. He was unarmed and not trying to fight. They shoved him to the ground and then, even though he was already restrained, tased him. All three of the cops did so at the same time. It was a terrifying sight and my mothers poor dog, myself, and my mother all had to witness it. So, at this point, we're freaking out. We're trying to figure out what's going on because none of us have been told anything. My mother starts screaming. Can't say I blame her, that is her son. She tried to tell them that he never hit her, but they wouldn't listen. They didn't get a statement from neither me nor my mother even though we were both witnesses. So, right now, we're really stressed because we don't know what we can do. My sister called emergency, they directed her to the magistrate. She called them, they directed her to emergency. The three cops that were here were supposedly the only three on duty. I have the laws pulled up. I have no printer, but I do have a local library that does. The problem is that I don't know what to do from there. At this point, it's our word against theirs and I know from experience that cops stick up for one another. I'm just glad we had locked our dogs in their crates. I've heard way too many horror stories about cops and dogs.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You put a complaint in to the police commission in your area and tell them exactly what happen and that police force used was not necessary I know nothing will come of it but at least there will be a complaint put in so if it happens again the officers in question will have another complaint I am sorry you had to witness all of it it must have been so very very upsetting hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.