When the memories come

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Jemm, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

Sometimes when the memories come, when they completely overtake me I can step back and just watch them, I can see that girl that use to be me, making mistakes, getting hurt, falling, but I can't stop her, I can't change the outcome and I can't get away either...
    Im trapped in this dark twisted place
  2. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

That little girl is also what is keeping you alive. The beautiful little girl that shines and once was totally innocent and had hopes and dreams. Please try to focus on healing her and loving her. She is a survivor. She wants to see the world as good and loving. No, you can't get rid of the memories-I've been through this too, but you can learn to live with them to the point where they no longer have power nor do your abuser(s). It is hard to step back and see your memories floating past. I take baby steps forward and giant leaps backwards somedays. Take care! Hugs!
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I say "Thank You God for having rescued me from that, and helping me to understand what these memories are for, painful as they are......... Thank You that you love me so much as to not be offended by them either, and that not even my biggest mistake caused you to love me any the less" :)
  4. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

Thank you both
  5. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

How do you get to that place where those are not just words you say to yourself to (hopefully) feel better, but something that you actually feel from the depths of your soul...? I wish I could feel like that...
  6. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

At least you have memories. Imagine if you lose your memories and just have vague feelings about the past.
  7. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Jemm, it sounds like a cliche, but time will get you to that point. A lot of work working through the pain. It is a worthwhile journey. People that have been through the same thing as you will mirror you and support you through it. Steven, yes, a lot of us have amnesia which is the brain's way of switching off because the memories are just too painful. I have a very shattered mind with large gaps of memory from abuse. Another cliche, but take it one day at a time. Jemm,your faith can be restored with the right people helping you.
  8. house_atraides

house_atraides Active Member

I find that it can only be dark for so long. Sometimes it gets unbearable, and the worship of the past, good and bad seems to send me backwards to often. I hope some light comes in. I am fighting for something to change. I hope you can find yourself again and regain more.
  9. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I hope do too, for all of us
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.