when theres no other option

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RitzyClan, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RitzyClan

RitzyClan New Member

Hey.. I'll get right to the point

So I've had problem with my dad since as early as I can remember (when he was in my life. He wasn't there when I was born. He was in Iraq) but recently it's getting worse. He was thread threatening to turn off my phone, and give me No Christmas presents (I did get them. He was fibbing ) and he grounded me for 3 weeks. This means I can't leave my room or have my phone. This was during Christmas break, so i didn't leave my room at all. Whenever we do fight, I try to come to my mom. But that never works. She won't let me come to her with my problems because it "makes her sick because I don't like my dad" but who could? He does Nothing but drink, watch TVs, go to work, and sleep. He recently won't let any friends come to our house because. He sleeps on the living room couch, and I'm Not allowed to come downstairs while He's sleeping. Not to eat or anything. I even said to him, I cut myself because of him and I want to die because of him. I know this doesn't seem super bad of my dad what I've said, but. It is really bad. I have to suffer every day because of him. He doesn't know how to solve his problems. He only knows how to strong arm himself through everything. Hes said I act like a little girl, he has No more patience for me, etc. I'm tired of cutting because of him. I want to end it all, or send some sort of message that this need to stop, by me ending up in the er or whatever. Ivery tried killing myself but...I never go through with it...any suggestions?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You have lots of options but the best one is to go to your guidance counselor at school and explain how you feel and what is going on and tell her you need help dealing with the situation at home. Some things there is nothing to do about- for example the phone - being grounded form a phone is not abuse in any stretch of the world. Neither is being grounded in general- I presume there were some reasons for these things even if they were not good reasons. Not being able to go to portions of the house or allowed to eat are real issues to be looked at , and cutting or considering suicide is something you need help dealing with - go to the school guidance counselor and get help with these feelings and try to get them to get social services involved with working out ways to communicate better with your dad and in a way that does not make you have theses feelings.

3. RitzyClan

RitzyClan New Member

I actually have a psychologist. Even both her and my psychiatrist admitted that it probably will not get better with my dad

4. RitzyClan

RitzyClan New Member

I actually got ungrounded today. I can eat it's just I can't stay in the living room or anything like that. Because my dad "doesn't want to see me"

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Not sure ho wold you are, but it is not forever you will be stuck with parents. I left the day I finished school, did not even wait for the official graduation ceremony - so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. They cannot stop time and at 18 (in US) the choice on where to stay and what rules to follow become yours. It is not without having to make choices - but if the issue is truly with parents then choose not to stary there when hit 18 and use all time from now until then to prepare so will be able to move out. If you do not prepare then when are 18 still will not have options so key is to make choices now bbased on long term goals rather than instant gratification.

Have you talked to the psyche people about the cutting and suicidal thoughts?

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Is there a way to avoid him in order not to be agigated over what he is doing? Such as hanging out in ur bedroom and other areas where hes not present ?

Do you have any brothers or sisters ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.