when to call it quits

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by caraculiumbro, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caraculiumbro

caraculiumbro Member

So, after dealing with a lot of ups and downs, and a lot of deception and callous treatment from my partner, he is back in his depressed, needing to drink state. Which means we are fighting. And he is blaming me for him being upset about everything. He acts like he hates me when he is like this. On a drive home from a ruined trip (where he said I was wasting his day off), he asked if i had decided to leave him yet. I am so lost. I love him so much, but he is self-destructive and blames me, resents me for knowing about his problems. I told him I felt suicidal earlier in the day and he seemed sympathetic and told me he feels badly for playing a part in making things tough for me. But, hours later we are right back to the same old bullshit. He told me he doesn't understand why I don't just accept him for how he is (CRAZY moody and quick to being pissed off at me).

My daughter is attached to him, I don't know how to go on without him. We are married and financially tied. I don't understand how he can be so unhappy with me. He makes me hate myself. But I am afraid to tell him that. I soften that by telling him it is a lot of things in my life, but the truth is that it is how he treats me. It makes me feel like dying, I just want the pain to stop.

I asked him to go to counseling, he won't go on his own. He agreed to marriage counseling, but I don't think he will really go.

I hate my life so much....I am such a weak pathetic person....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well hun hold him to his word you both go to marriage councilling it will help you both and be the best thing for your daughter. She wi ll see you standing up for yourself and not taking the abuse hun she will follow inyour footsteps ok so hold him to his word go get the councilling hun together h ugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.