When to get help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RJB91, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJB91

RJB91 New Member

I had a meeting with a professor today about my abysmal marks.. I always half expected this. She said i should get some help.
    My marks started slipping in high school when i got involved with drugs, still did well enough to get into university though.. but my marks kept slipping.
    I finally quit about 4 months ago but had to give up many friends who still do it. I havent spoken to anyone other than my mom since then. What makes it tougher still is my crazy self consciousness and anxiety i feel out in public. Ive been referred to get help a few times, but for some reason never wanted to go, i almost feel as if suicide is the only real solution and i dont want it taken away.. kinda like a 'reserve'.
    Anyways ive been telling myself all this time that if things got unbearable i would do it, and now it all seems to be coming together, as if i knew last year that it would come to this. I really dont know what to do...

2. colours25

colours25 Banned Member

im exactly the same! how old are you? do you live in the uk?

3. RJB91

RJB91 New Member

19 living in Canada.. its good to know im not alone.. but then... have you sought help?

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you can still keep suicide as your reserve option and seek help at the same time. i had a psychiatrist tell me that he'd never take that option from me, it would always be there, and in a strange way i found that very comforting.

i've had alot of help over the years. right now i have a therapist i see twice a week, a psychiatrist i see every month, and medication. my family doctor also knows about my mental health issues. he's been great.

are you considering going for help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.