When to trust again?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lestat, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I think I'm over my ex. Luckily, and unluckily I was hurt in a way that made me seriously dislike my ex and for some reason that made it easier to get over her. She didn't cheat, but she betrayed me.

I've never found it hard to find a girlfriend in the past, but everyone keeps giving me the cliché of "wait until you feel right" or "you'll find one when you least expect it"

I don't know. I do want the right type of girl, I want to devote myself to someone more than anything... But finding the type of girl I want is hard in the real world. Most girls I end up with are just too normal.

I don't even know the question I'm asking anymore. I want to look but everyone I know tells me it's not a good time. Girls that are interested in me are just not my type...

I don't know. I guess I'm just rambling now.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Why not give it a try? Try meeting new people and see where it takes you? Obviously be honest with the girls you hang out with so they don't expect too much and end up hurt... but hey... if you're ready to get out there, then go. Sometimes you need time... but there comes a time when you just need to get out again.