When treatment doesn't work...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Then what?

Say if you've done the meds, you've done the therapy, you done the group therapy, you've tried it on your own but you still feel desperate and suicidal.

Then what?

Because that is where I am. I've tried everything, fucking everything. And yet I still cannot deal.
    What do I do now?
  2. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I have tried and failed. I wish I knew the answer,
    there is one out there its just finding it. Maybe a special person?

Sorry not much help, but you are not alone
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

make that three as I don't know...a miracle I guess.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I guess Pad, maybe? It'd make sense.
    But then I can't help but to think what would happen to people like us if and when that special person should leave us?
    Having witnessed the downward spiral some people on this site have gone on when friendships ended and partners left them or died.
    I often think it'd be too scary to even try... and also that is a lot for one person to take on. My sanity.
    I think I could happily take on someone elses baggage, but I'm not sure how many people feel that way.
  5. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

It happened to me, I found that special person and it was only when we met
    in person that she changed her mind how she felt about me. It hurt like hell
    but it's proof that it is out there. What if it does last? it might be just around
    the corner, a few months or years even but surely it would be worth it if that
    person came around. If there is anything that gives me hope, it is this.
  6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

What therapy did you have and did it help you at the time? Was it short-term? Maybe you need more long term extensive therapy?

If I were you and gone through what you have, I'd realise that the treatment offered wasn't meant for me, and to try and figure out what I needed and search for a therapist who listens. I have done that, and nearly died and it's not easy. It's not easy at all.

What you might be saying is that you need help, but you feel disillusioned by the treatment that you've had before and you're feeling lost? That's an awful, frightening place to be, and I do hope you find something that helps you soon.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am at this point feeling hopeless helpless not knowing where to turn. Stuck here in endless pain and saddness. I can only pray that i make it through each minute each hour and hope this darkness eventually fades a bit. Therapy sometimes looks like it is not working but maybe next session something will work maybe next new drug will be better than the last. I mean fuch they are coming up with miracle cures everyday some cancers now curable maybe someday they will come up with something that will hellllllllllllp us all get rid of this emotional pain something. sorry rambling on now i know if it were not for my daughter the pain here would have sent me away long time ago. we have to go on for our family i just couldn't hurt them oh god i couldn't give them this pain not to anyone even to the ones that cause it.
  8. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I've tried everything as well, and I'm still not right. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. Maybe I'm just not capable of being normal anymore. Maybe deep down I don't really want to be normal. I wish I knew.
  9. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm sorry that so many of you feel like this and things haven't worked out as you'd hoped, but maybe there are other forms of treatment. i know there are more extreme forms like ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy) but i'm not sure how available that is now. have you talked to your doctor about this? perhaps they could put you on a higher dose or different medication. either way, i hope things look up for you (all of you) :heart:
    triggs xx
  10. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

We all know the answer here. When nothing works, the answer is....
    But this world is so fucked up that doesnt accept that and it makes us cowards and criminals.
    Life is overrated, when someone doesnt want it after he tryed everything, the answer is suicide. At least for me. But yet, if you ask me about yourself, i will probably be selfish and i will say: How about one more try? This will be my advice for you, but i hate someone to give this advice to me.
  11. kmjohnson7

kmjohnson7 Member

I have found Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to be extremely helpful for me. I'm not sure if you have done this type of therapy before. The program that I am in (and have been for quite a while) takes a minimum of 6 months, meeting twice weekly. During the therapy, people meet once for learning new skills to learn how to react in many different situations and then again with an individual therapist in order to personalize the skills more and react for personal situations. There are many different groups within DBT, specifically a general one, one for teens, one for eating disorders, one for drug/alcohol addictions, etc. I have been in the program for 7 months now and am starting a new portion of the therapy to deal with trauma recovery. In this part I am going to have exposure therapy among other things. However, I find it important to note that there are some really bad DBT programs too. Just look for one, if you want to of course, that is very structured and appears helpful. Good luck.
  12. jacobtheamish

jacobtheamish Member

Why is treatment considered for suicide. Maybe people who are happy dont understand what it is like to be unhappy with what they have. The cards I was dealt with are not good, maybe better than others but not good enough for me. If you unable to make a definative decision then maybe therapy is for you and you should consider all and everything there is avaliable. There are some of us where therapy will not make the difference required.
  13. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I totally agree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.