when was the last time u celebraited ur birthday?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Darker Than Black, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

I've never really, for like 10 years, my parent's always bought me cake, thats all. I never had a birthday party before, u know, nothing happy to celebrate. I don't know why, but when ever there's something like a happy event going on, and I go there, I get really really sad, like on my birthday

2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i dont really celebrate my birthday. i just make sure im doing the things that i like and that i enjoy. whether its watching a film i love or having my favourite food for dinner. like 24hours worth of me-time because thats what i see a birthday as. if you cant do things for you that you like doing how on earth are you going to enjoy the day

i know its a nice thought to have a party and all that but how would you honestly feel actually being there. actually having it. being the centre of everyones attention. sometimes having a cake can be just as great as having a party because at least someones thought about you to give you the cake in the first place. a cakes a surprise in itself

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

My friends threw me a surprise 30th about 20 years ago and that was the last one. It was so good, I never wanted another (and never got one). Now the only birthday I celebrate is when the department of motor vehicles renews my drivers license.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My daughter and grandaughter thru me a party this past birthday..It was just a few of us but the sentimant was nice..First party I have had since I was a kid..I even spent three years in a row in the phsyc unit..

5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Last time was my 10th.