when was the last time you got a good night's sleep?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by fromthatshow, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

And how did it happen? By chance? Because of something you did that day?

Mine was January of this year. My girlfriend had moved to North Carolina, and she had asked if we would be back together in the summer when she returned. The needy, depressed, suicidal Spencer said yes yes yes, while my heart said no. I told her no. I hung up the phone, put on some Bach, and slept like a baby.
  2. Solemn_Ex_Machine

Solemn_Ex_Machine Well-Known Member

For some strange reason my body has made a point of not sleeping at night- and only sleeping a max of 6 hours whenever I do sleep. Usually afternoons.
  3. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

I've had horrid sleep patterns as long as I can remember. From a baby, I had my days and nights mixed up and 50 years later I will still regress back to this pattern if I don't 'have' to be up early. I've also found that my optimum sleep time is 5.5-6 hours, but I regularly get 4 hours at a time.
    Despite that, I self-hypnosis kind of tell myself each time I'm ready to sleep that it will be refreshing deep sleep and that does work a lot.
  4. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I haven't had a good nights sleep in ages :unsure:

I think the last time was when I was staying at a friends house, it was just comforting to have someone else there. Mind you, by good night I mean 5 hours, it just didn't involve disturbing dreams.
  5. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Years ago I had a good night's sleep, maybe once or twice...
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Oh, I don't even remember. I usually can only sleep during the day. :nonchalance:
  7. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Probably 2 weeks ago... Don't remember typically don't have good nights of sleep.

8. Nightlight

Nightlight Well-Known Member

Few weeks ago probably. :mad:
  9. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

define "good"

i just want more than 4-5 hours - been months
  10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Feels like 2 years ago
  11. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Man I would like to remember when. My sleep is always broken up, with me wakin every 1-2 hours and just lying there until I am so exhaused I can't stay awake....makes life harder that's for sure!
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Would be nice if people actually let me sleep more than a few hours a night.
  13. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true >_> I wish I got more sleep at night - but that's why I'm trying to go to bed around 11:30 - 12 instead of 1 or 3...

14. Witty_Sarcasm

Not for a while...mainly because I've felt sick lately
  15. letty

letty Banned Member

I t has been a long time since I had a good nights sleep. I tend to get maybe 3 hours of sleep.
  16. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I don't have much trouble with the quality of my sleep anymore. It's just getting to bed in the first place!
  17. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think it was when I was about six and had my tonsils out. In those days they knocked you out for a good long time. :)
  18. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I can't remember. It's been a very long time ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.