When we die

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Victori@, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Where do we go when we die?

When I was younger, about 12 or so, I didn’t believe in god of afterlife or anything for that matter. Not until I was about 15 when my boyfriend died did I see things in a different light. I am very open and welcome all possibilities. I am big into psychics, especially Sylvia Browne. I have a few of her books and I have never read anything like it. It answered all of my questions and it just made cents! She goes into such detail about everything, it’s just amazing!

About a year after my boyfriend took his life, He came to me in a dream. I remember it completely. We were at our old high school. He took my hands and smiled at me, then he spoke He told me that he was ok and that where he was, was more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine. He said he was more happy and at peace than he has ever felt. He looked so happy, so calm. I have seen him a few times in my dreams since then and I can remember every one of them like it happened yesterday!

I don’t know where we go when we die, I have never been dead. But when he came to me and told me those things, everything changed. I started reading Sylvia’s books and more and more things began to come clear.

Just wondering if anybody else out there has ever had the same experience?

2. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

wow...not me, maybe somebody. I personally don't believe in an afterlife
    and I think that dreams are merely the subconcious re-organizing flotsom
    and jetsom. but I don't 'know' any of that to be the case.

but I don't think I would count on a dream as an indication of a
    lovely place to go after dying and I wouldn't be in any hurry to find
    out. if there IS such a place, that means God is real after all and
    all us secular agnostic types are full of it :biggrin:

it would ALSO mean, if there's a God, don't you suppose he will let
    you know when it is time to come home?

heck if I know....I don't feel qualified to comment further :rolleyes:

3. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Sylvia Browne... ugh. She made an ass of herself on Montel on a couple of occasions and many of the claims about what she has accomplished are lies. Big fraud in my opinion. That dream you had on the other hand is quite fascinating. I believe in reincarnation personally.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Listen to your heart. If those dreams feel very true to you, he probably really is in a better place. I believe that there is nothing better than death, that the spiritual world that awaits us is far more true and beautiful than this world. But I've got eternity for that, I might as well hang out here for a while longer.

5. Victori@

yeah i know she made an ass out of herself. But nobody is right all of the time. you can't be.. THat would make you perfect. and perfect just isn't cool! I was never that big into her, untill the dream I had and then i started reading her books.

6. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

One of the few Dane Cook stories I love, joking about an atheist's afterlife beliefs.

On a more serious note, I believe in afterlife. What's it like, you ask? Beats me.

7. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

just my opinion of course but Sylvia Browne is the biggest fraud I've ever come across, anyway that's besides the point, A friend lost his mother and just like you he had a dream where she came to him, he dismissed it at first but came to except it as more than that, its supposed to be possible to receive messages and even go with a deceased loved one whilst dreaming.
    Everyone has their different opinions on whats real etc, What counts is what you feel it to be.
    x

8. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

Eh, personally I'm an atheist so I believe we just rot in the ground.

9. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I've never had any apparent spiritual or mystical moments. I do meditate and have some interesting thoughts and feelings during it though. I believe we are all God experiencing itself in different forms, and when we die we reunite as one with eternal consciousness of god. There is no judgement, only unconditional love some people call it. A neutral energy that gives one the feeling of being loved. I also believe in reincartnation, each life is just part of our experiencing and growth to add to our spiritual progress or evolution I guess it could be considered. We do some times choose our next lives, but not always, we choose to incarnate on certain worlds at certain times for specific reasons. Good and evil are both equally important to growth. We are experiencing the negative side of existence right now but we may move towards the light side where there is peace and balance.

10. Victori@

I do believe that these dreams meant something. They were so real, in color and I can remember ever detail. I have seen him since then and he looks so happy. I can smell him when I wake up, as if he was lying beside me. It just feels soooo right. It’s like a breath of fresh air in my lungs. All I can say is: wait till something like this happens to you. It’s just so amazing. It changes everything!

11. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

I dont know where i stand on the existence of an after-life. I suppose i am open to convincing but have never experienced anything personally. Perhaps your dream was a result of a need to heal?

12. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I think that's beautiful Victori@.

13. bigbadaboom

bigbadaboom Guest

spiritualism is lack of true knowledge

we're just advanced organic machines that have developed conciousness , you die you don't exit anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.