When will I be be allowed to post an introduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy folks, I know this isn't the place for it but I feel I should introduce myself to you all to help you understand what this problem is about. A friend of mine from godsfaithbook encouraged me to visit these forums to talk about my recent attempt. Now, I'm not complaining about the quality of this site. In fact I admire its clean look and simplistic navigation, although, I'm midly disappointed that I'm unable to post any where. Every other forum I've visited allows new members posts to be archived for moderation so why doesn't this one?
I came here with the small amount of enthusiasm I could muster only to find that I don't have a voice to express my self. I'm posting this here because I didn't find any site information which addresses this issue so I was left considering the possibility that the site might not be functioning correctly right now. Also, I've read the forum rules and guidelines and discovered that my uploaded avatar of my self wasn't acceptable and so replaced it with a generic one. I hope this hasn't been cause for my inability to post to the public discussion boards.

Will.

True-Lee

Howdy folks, I know this isn't the place for it but I feel I should introduce myself to you all to help you understand what this problem is about. A friend of mine from godsfaithbook encouraged me to visit these forums to talk about my recent attempt. Now, I'm not complaining about the quality of this site. In fact I admire its clean look and simplistic navigation, although, I'm midly disappointed that I'm unable to post any where. Every other forum I've visited allows new members posts to be archived for moderation so why doesn't this one?
I came here with the small amount of enthusiasm I could muster only to find that I don't have a voice to express my self. I'm posting this here because I didn't find any site information which addresses this issue so I was left considering the possibility that the site might not be functioning correctly right now. Also, I've read the forum rules and guidelines and discovered that my uploaded avatar of my self wasn't acceptable and so replaced it with a generic one. I hope this hasn't been cause for my inability to post to the public discussion boards.

Will.
William Wallace Did you join the site or are you a guest, When You register it some time takes a while before Admin verifies you and your address, I do not know the time frame but it is not that long , or I believe it isn't. Admin will send you an email to verify that you are added. One other note! This is a totally new site every thing here I believe has been redone, I believe there may be some bugs still to be worked out, I do not know if this is a problem still, knowing that anything to do with computers or the technical things involved some times it takes time to work out the bugs! What you mentioned might be something in the future, I have no way of Knowing at this time, that is not my field, I am just speculating! I am sorry that I can not give you a more definite time or answer to your question.
In any case You are welcome to visit what you can, I am sorry for your wait!

I think you're right, the site's post permissions were working, after my account was approved. I was signed in but could only post in this thread.
When was this site created?

Will.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
And what happened was most likely you needed to be approved by administration. As frustrating as that may be we need a restriction in place due to spammers and trolls and the like. Welcome. Hugs xx

shania

Do you mean 2014? 2004 doesn't sound very new at all.
Hi Will - This site has been around for many years but at the end of August it switched from vBulletin to XenForo. That was what True-Lee was referring to when he said it's "a totally new site".

Welcome to the forum :)

True-Lee

I apologize that I was not more specific, I did state that it was redone, I will be more specific in the future or even possibly leave those questions to others!

True-Lee

Hi Will - This site has been around for many years but at the end of August it switched from vBulletin to XenForo. That was what True-Lee was referring to when he said it's "a totally new site".

Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you Shania, you are correct, I am sorry had I seen you post this I would have quietly faded into the background

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi William Wallace

You are right - most sites allow for unapproved members to create a post and have it wait in moderation - I will take a look at the settings and see if we can make that happen here. It is how it used to be when we were on vbulletin. I will have a look and get back to you - thank you for the feedback :)

nate

Thanks for this thread. I was hoping to be able to post immediately but I understand the need to keep bots and trolls off the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00