when will it get better

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by willgethere, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willgethere

willgethere Well-Known Member

when will it get better, will it get better, I have lost the will i think to get through it.

sorry not been on for a long time, I totally withdrew myself. I sort help for a vicious rape that lasted a long time cos I was so stupid, in the end up I tried to end it all my way and unfortunately failed.

I hate this feeling. I hate the not sleeping, i hate going to the cousellor and talking about it, I hate the flashbacks, i hate me, my body, the stupidness of me.

i have changed number to get rid of them, but they still get hold of it, i dont know where they get it. i need to get rid of it all and i can only think of one way,

I really don't know other way, i dont know anything, i feel so lost, so hurt I cannot stop crying, i am an emotional wreck, what have i done.
    i really hate being me
  2. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Over a period of time things will get easier there are times when it will feel like it will never 'get better' unfortunately there is not an easy path to recovering from a trauma like this. I'm glad that you sought help to help cope with this.

Sometimes withdrawing from everything seems like the easiest thing to do but in the end it's not worth it. The sleeplessness, flashbacks, and the self loathing will get better over time when things start to heal. Maybe talking with your counselor about learning some coping mechanisms to deal with the flashbacks and the insomnia.

Suicide may seem like a viable option but in reality giving up isn't going to purge your soul of all this hurt. You need to keep fighting and keep overcoming this because it is worth it. It really is I can tell you from the bottom of my heart it is.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling lost and hurt because I have been there and I know your pain and if you ever need to talk or rant I will always be here so just drop me a pm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.