When will it work?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by tiggersafire, Dec 6, 2013.

1. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I started on another new med.. Well, one I've already been on before.. Loxapine. My doctor said to give it a few weeks, but I've given it a week and I'm just tired and grumpy, but still seeing things, feeling things crawling on me, and quite paranoid. Luckily I haven't heard voices in a while.. Has anyone ever been on this med? Has it worked for you?

2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

meds in general take about 4-6wks for your body to adjust to, its not til after the adjustment period you can notice and see if they are working or not ... are you havng any side effects?

3. tiggersafire

I just feel really tired all the time.. I am supposed to be on 10mg for a week and a bit then switch to 25mg at night. My psychiatrist has been seeing me more often lately because I have been showing symptoms again. I was on Haldol for a year which worked really well, but then it stopped working. She tried me on Geodon but I had horrible migraines and gained 4 pounds whilst on it so she switched me to Loxapine.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Takes awhile for the drug to build up in your system but when it does it works well hope it kicks in soon hugs

5. tiggersafire

Thanks TE.. I hope it starts to work soon, my family is starting to question whether I am feeling "ill" again, because apparently I have been acting weird again.