When you are depressed do you put yourself in danger or hurt yourself?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Feb 7, 2010.

Reckless behavior. Multiple choices

1. Cutting.

79 vote(s)
  2. Reckless driving.

37 vote(s)
  3. Getting drunk or substance abuse.

72 vote(s)
  4. Crimes like shoplifting etc

10 vote(s)
  5. Running from responsibilities. (not going to work)

86 vote(s)
  6. Something else... (pls specify)

38 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Depression can sometime lead us to reckless behavior. What are yours?
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Sometimes I go out at night through town alone when I'm at my lowest, it's put me close to danger several times.
  3. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

I sit and drink and cut at my lowest
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

• Cross roads without bothering to check if there are any cars coming.
    • Physically hurt myself.
    • Force myself to think negative, bad, demeaning thoughts about myself, making me even more upset & depressed.
  5. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

When depressed and down,

- I'd like to be alone, everyone who'd visit my room or asks me something is better of not doing that, as I'd responded irritated or annoyed.
    - I'll avoid going anywhere. Skipping work is something I've done quite a few times.
    - I used to cut, though I promised that i'd try to avoid doing that to not make anyone worry.

The most regular thing that I do, is taking a walk late at night, and clear my mind. Being on my own is nice, especially outside. The silence, the temperature. And the possiblity that anything could happen to yourself when walking the streets, late at night. It's exciting in it's own way.

Somehow it comforts me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010
  6. corang

corang Well-Known Member

-Used to cut
    -get high
    -cross streets without checking if its safe
    -do anything and everything I can to make myself worse
  7. History

History Well-Known Member

i cross road without caring if i'd get knocked down.
  8. Shi

Shi Active Member

When in a depressed mood I listen to depressive music and do a research on suicide methods. Sometimes I am dreaming myself away to fantasy lands and alien worlds... which makes me even more depressed. Eventually I would stare at knifes thinking that it would be sooo easy...
  9. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

I try to cut. I can't anymore though. I just can't. I don't know why. I just won't let myself even though I want to so badly, and I feel like I deserve it. Makes me mad at myself for stopping my hand.
  10. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

NO (where is that option?)
  11. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i overdose a lot, i cut, i starve or binge depending, i cycle 48 miles in the snow (or general bad weather) but my favourite is walking on an icy river
  12. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

I hurt myself when I'm depressed, even though I try to stay away from it.

I also tell everybody and everything that stresses me out to fuck off. Usually the people and tasks are important, too.
  13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Cutting (not doing it badly anymore, though), and running from responsibilities are the main in my case. Skipping school in particular.

Drinking? No... I drink alcohol, yes, but I don't consistently use it to "get away". I try to keep alcohol as a matter of pleasure and "happiness", not as medication. It would only backfire in the long term, I'm aware of that.
  14. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

1. drink and pills pretty much
    2. removing myself from reality, interacting with people etc.

im just not a nice person to be around even if they wasnt for the money and were actually my friends, they would have still disappeared and if they didnt, i would have anyway.
  15. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

- Running from responsibilities. (not going to work)

I lost my job due of that sh*t 'bout one week ago :mellow:
  16. Yesterday24

Yesterday24 New Member

I answered running from responsibilities, but there is one thing I have thought about but never done. If I am depressed and find myself behind the wheel, I always seem to think about speeding it up to 100 mph, taking my hands off the wheel, kicking back the seat, shutting my eyes and just relaxing. I just do not like the idea of hurting others in the process.
  17. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

My mind is like an atomic bomb of negative energy and emotions. Once bottled up and unleashed all at once can do horrible things to the body and soul. I can now slow my heart rate down by focusing on the bad thoughts. Soon it'll kill me once I have control of it and embrace it.
  18. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

I suffer from clinical depression, and when I'm in "the forbidden zone", I fight (literally).
  19. losthope

losthope Well-Known Member

I get pissed off easily and harbour murderous thoughts towards others.
  20. dreaminghome

dreaminghome Well-Known Member

Driving, mostly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.