When You Are Down

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

And we still keep getting new members.:unsure:

To all the newbies here;

All of us old timers, forum buddies etc, have either walked in your shoes or know someone who did.

You are home, here.

Please, feel free to reach out to any of us, at anytime when you need help.
    Maybe it's just someone to listen to you.
    Maybe it's somone who can cry with you for a moment.
    We care about you, because we know your pain.

I know I do.

For I can't remember the amount of times I attempted. As a depressed suicidal alcoholic that lost EVERYTHING in my life, I know, not of your EXACT situation, but of that desire to end the pain. That desire to end your life.

Friends, as they say, this too shall pass.

I know...you are probably thinking, what in the hell is this guy talking about? Who the F is he, and how could be possibly know my pain will pass? Yeah damn right it will pass, when I am dead!!!!!!

Well, again....I know. If those words were told to me, when I was where you are now, (And I think perhaps they were) I would have felt the same way.

I didnt dare feel any emotions except for pain, hatred and despair. Those were the only emotions I trusted. They were real.

I got out of it. I did. And so have others here.

So, when you need a friend. Someone who truly understands the pain, someone you can talk to. Someone who might try and help save you from yourself, just call on us.

2. Tom

Tom Member

Hi forpetessake,
    How did you manage to get away from those feelings?
    It's the same for me, but I don't hate anymore. For me, it's just pain, despair, sadness, and futility as all I try in life comes crashing down on me, and doesn't lead anywhere. For example, today I tried to fill out a Europass cv online, but couldn't work out how to do it, so gave up. I feel like giving up bigtime. I reckon I have something missing in my brain, but I'm intelligent, though it doesn't do me any good. I look at it as I'm say a ferrari, but can't get any gasoline, so stay stranded at the roadside covered in other peoples dust, while they drive past, in either their fords, or on cycles. Even the ones on foot pass me, as I'm locked in my car, stuck on the side of the road, wishing I could move.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well I started getting sober. I renewed my efforts with God, and gave it over to Him and I rediscovered love.

4. Tom

Tom Member

I try to stay off the drink, which I am able to do, and gave up soft drugs too, a few years ago. I always believed in God and Jesus, and prayed everyday for many years, but think God has decreed that I shall stay in this mental state, for whatever reason "he" has decided upon. I don't feel "deserted" by God, or angry at "him", but i wonder, what's the point in giving me life?, I've not enjoyed it at all.

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Tom are you seeing a pdoc? Are you on any meds? If not, you might want to see one. If you are seeing a pdoc and are on meds, they may need to be tweaked.

Without turning this into a religious thread, I will say that God helps those who help themselves. That is to say that God gives us the tools to get better, we just need to use them. And I would feel quite confident that God doesnt want you to be in that mental state.

6. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I second all The Drummist said in his original post, we're all here for you guys, and most often, we suffer as much as you do. We help eachother here, that's what makes us strong.

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

LOL....that's not my real name. I was just being cool. Think I will correct that. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.