When you can physically feel it

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by whoami, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoami

whoami Member

Do you get depression that is so profound that you can feel it in your body? This is the point it has reached for me. I feel physically unwell, it's a terrible feeling that I can't even describe. I feel tingly in a bad way, and it's like there's a pressure in certain parts of my body. It almost feels like I'm being pulled into a black hole.

I don't know what to do when I feel this way. I feel like I am dying. In the past I have abused substances which does help numb the feeling but it's a terrible way to deal with it, and I try not to do it very often. This feels so bad. :(

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Sure. It's common for it to start affecting your physical health.

I suggest you get to your doctor and start planning how you are going to fight this.

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yes. I somatise a lot and can get very unwell.

I wish I had something to say but the only thing that helps me is breathing exercises, grounding exercises, safety, sleeping and walking for long periods outdoors to try and relax.

4. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

I seem to get these very peculiar headaches. Not really headaches I guess, but more like a continuous, uncomfortable pressure which grips the center of my brain. Oh, and sometimes I get some horribly painful stomach aches (bleh).

5. serena

serena Well-Known Member

I feel surges of pain frequently throughout my body that make me feel so empty inside.

6. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

Are you eating alright? Because a lot of the time when I get depressed, my eating habits tend to change. I'll either skip out on meals completely and go for days with hardly any food, or when I do eat, it's rather unhealthy or poorly prepared. This usually causes all sorts of things to go wrong with my body. All it takes then is some healthy food (fruits usually do the trick for me) to get me feeling better again. It's just hard to eat when you aren't feeling up to it though.

Just an idea. Other than that, not sure what else to say.

7. icewolf

icewolf Member

Man, I know what you're talking about. It feels like you're posessed by a demon or something. Like a black hand pressing down on your chest. Hard to breathe, hard to think, hard to get up and have a pee! :shelbi:

And doesnt it just hit you at the worst of times? Like when you think "Tonight i'm going to play a game and smoke my hubbly and be ok." Bam! Gasp!

All I can say to help you possibly is that for me it passes. It feels like some titanic struggle, fighting for your life and sanity and it goes on for a week sometimes. But eventually it goes and gives you a week to breathe again and man, do i feel like i just wrestled godzilla and won. Even depression has its perks :hamtaro:

8. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I get migrains..like 2 times a week..
    And they make me dizzy and nauseous.
    Course I get the dizziez even without the migrains..
    And I feel like I'm gonna faint in the shower a lot.
    and I always feel tired and
    Get exhausted easily usually... I'm sort of used to all that though.
    I think its depression related.

9. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

this happens to me - i get headaches, dizziness, anxious feelings in my chest, lose my appetite etc - but also there will be times when i just collapse onto my bed and think "that's it, i'm done, i'm too tired to fight anymore" and actually even say it out loud as well

10. toolate4me

toolate4me Member

my body sometimes feels like i just ran 200 miles. its physically worn out and i havent been doing anything physicole all day. i hate it. and it makes it harder to hide also

11. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Today I was just plain old tired, could not get my feet or mind going. I strayed away from everybody else at work and worked at my own pace(did get a lot done though) I foresee days like this to continue in the future.

12. CheapEscape

CheapEscape Active Member

Yeah, my neck's started to ache really bad, and I'm not sure why. I'm aching a bit all over. And I feel disconnected from everything's that going around, to a point.

13. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought I was the only one who got those. Started getting them recently and it's difficult to describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it. For me, it's like this really heavy vibration around my brain. Gets worse at night and makes me feel slightly dizzy and nauseous. My vision sometimes goes foggy and ditto on those stomach aches BTW.

14. Moon_Penguin

Moon_Penguin Penguin astronaut extraordinaire

i knwo that feeling. i also feel numb but under my skin, its horrible and sometimes cold, sounds very cliche but tis how i feel when im in a bad way. like many people have said get to a doctor and seek help before its too late
    i hope you get help and begin to recover soon x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.