When you drive a car, do you ever feel tempted to just drive into the other lane?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Maylin, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maylin

Maylin Well-Known Member

It is something I think about a lot...

I often think about being in car crashes, a year ago I was in a bus accident, another car crashed into it, it was actually exciting! I was the only one awake that saw it, the car rammed into the side, nobody was hurt.

Driving really fast inches away from a trailer is such a rush, it is not something I am going to do since I do not want to kill the other driver, but still...
  2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Yeah... just how easy it'd be to tug the steering wheel one full turn while going along at 90mph.. but i wouldn't want to hurt any innocent people so i know it's not a good idea.
  3. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

All the time.
  4. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I could never drive into another car because of all the lives that would be involved. I sometimes get paranoid that somebody else I'll intentionally driveinto my lane. I have temptations to drive off the road and hit a tree but I wouldn't do that with my parents in the car.
  5. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I had a similar temptation a while ago. I kept looking for hazards on the side of the road, that I can drive into or drive off of. The risk of surviving the incident is what convinced me not to do it, but as xan said it was really tempting to just pull the steering wheel to the non-traffic side at 90mph. Not a good idea though.
  6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I don't think about going into the other lane because I don't want to hurt anyone - but I do think about diving off the bridge or into a tree.
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i dont drive yet, but i do get the urge to jump out of moving cars in traffic or i find myself willing for the car to crash . if i did drive i dont think i'd be able to crash into someone else. but i would be sorely tempted to crash into something tho i doubt it would be effective
  8. Ravon

Ravon Member

Like others, I wouldn't want to hurt another person, but I have thought about it. I've also thought about driving into a tree or something, but, as someone else has said, the chances of surviving are too high. Also jumping out of a car if someone else is driving, but I doubt that would be fatal unless I broke my neck or something.
  9. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

that rush is adrenaline I think.If you want to feel good,I think endorphins are released from exercise ..You can get it from walking ,especially long distance,as well as extreme sports.I try to walk as much as possible,if I can motivate myself,because after a good 45 minute walk somewhere pleasant,I feel so good.
  10. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I get adrenalise rush from riding a motorbike, but if you go and drive your car into another or into the side of the road into an object what if you end up surviving and lose the use of your arms and legs.
  11. catnip43

catnip43 Active Member

Same here, I often fantasize about driving into a brick wall or off a bridge to kill myself.
  12. ashes_away

Exactly.That's why i choose safe healthy ways to feel good..like walking.It sure does make me feel better.I have thought I could be forest gump and just keep walking and walking.I hope others figure it out that they seek this good feeling and CAN have it in safe ways.
  13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Noope never want to drive into anyone but have urge to drive into a side bridge or off bridge into lake no harm that way and drowing is instant
  14. ashes_away

thinking or fantasizing about such things might not be so uncommon,it is when you obsess about it or can't see why it is so wrong ..or the repercussions..that you need to seek help...or even just talk about it.Talking about these things can help bring you back to perspective...help you remember all the reasons why it is such a bad idea.
  15. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I do think sometimes, but more like if i drive out of the road, not to hit another car, but just to get out of the road with high speed.... And honestly, i think that there are big chances to survive this, which is why i dont think i will ever try it, unless im too desperate and im 100% sure that tehre is no better way to die.
  16. catnip43

catnip43 Active Member

I just wanted to say I LOVE your avatar. It rocks!
  17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I always think about it!
  18. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

No, because I don't want to harm any inocennt people. Often thought about running my motorcycle into buildings though.
  19. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have thought about it from time to time...kind of. Never crashing into another car but the median and that kind of stuff...
  20. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I think about it a lot. I don't want to hurt anyone else, I just want to kill me. Going at high speed and driving into a wall sounds good to me. maybe I will try it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.