When you go out of the norm

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Most people are cowards. They won't say or do what they really feel, because they're frightened to death of being outside the circle of popular opinion. And god forbid you be the one who does not go along with what's popular; NO ONE will stand by you.

But don't feel bad about being a coward. It's human nature, it's in our instincts to try as hard as possible to avoid what makes survival unsurvivable.

If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will.

NO ONE. In fact, in all likelihood they will all either isolate or demean you, or both. No one will even stand beside you. That's human nature. Humans are a social species, they can't help but to stay with the flock, go with the flow, be orthodox, because it increases their chances of survival.

This is the kind of world we're living in. I'm still wondering what is it that makes society valuable and worth living in, aside from basic, primitive needs.
  2. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Yup, the sad truth.
  3. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I am fortunate in the way that I can tell people what I think but also unfortunate in that the only people ive never been able to do that with are the 2men ive had long term "romantically" in my life over the past 16-17 years.

Also it is unfortunate that the people I have managed to stand up to havent cared less what I think and just gone ahead and hurt me anyway....I dunno its a toughy for me because there are certain types of people I can say whatever I want to(almost egging myself on to spoiling for a fight if you like).And then the two men that have done the most damage in my life who I shouldve stood up to ive let walk all over me.Im an odd ball granted ha!

But yeah I understand what you are saying,people nowadays feel they need to "keep up the pretence"just to fit in and get by and thats so sad.Im not saying it would be nice to live in a world where everybody said what they wanted to the point where nobody ever got on but whatever happened to freedom of speach ey?

Look at social networking sites...take Facebook for example....and the term "friend collector"...so sad that people feel the need to have a certain amount of friends before they feel socially viable.We all need people around us at some point but for the most part in this day and age people are now too afraid to be alone and at what cost?Keeping their mouths shut...nah never any good for anybody.

I say stop bottling stuff up you can tell a person what you are thinking without it becoming nasty,whats wrong with that?I myself arent afraid of being on my own so I in a stupid way count myself lucky that people always leave me.If they are going to leave anyway I might aswell tell them what im thinking!Wish everybody felt like this its quite liberating!

P.s sorry for the ramble....when things spill out of my head I cant stop it lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.