When you go to sleep...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ScouseJM, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

...do you also pray to God above that you dont wake up the next day? And then do you start crying the moment you wake up coz you have to realize youre still alive?

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Yes. I've done this for years and years. :(

3. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been praying for death nearly every night for about a year and half now.

More proof that religion is just a bunch of bs.

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Done this for years..

5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I pray to die every night before I go to bed. I want to fell asleep and never wake up. But i dont know to whom im praying. God?!?!? Does he exist? But I still pray.

6. ScouseJM

I believe God exists and that he has answered prayers of mine before.. but I am very angry with him at the moment.. I think he owes it to me to take me away but maybe that might be disrespectful for some x

7. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

I go back and forth. sometimes i think He is out there, but then sometimes i don't. when i feel bad, i think he must not be there or he would make me better.

8. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

im not religeous so i cant pray to anything. i have wished a few times someone would let a poisonus gas seep into my room while im sleeping though

9. downnout

Honestly, I guess I keep going back and forth between theism and atheism, too. For a number of different reasons. But why, if there is a God, does he seem so incredibly... apathetic?

:dry:

10. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

I guess the company answer is that he allows us the freedom to choose our path.... and thus appears apathetic. all in all, even though i have to fight my depression and low self esteem, i have to admit that everything seems to work out. is that because there IS a higher power?

11. downnout

I see your point. But then you have to start talking about choosing to follow God's will... and, of course, there are a lot of different views of what God's will is, some of which are pretty nasty. I want to believe in something greater -- otherwise what's the point of existence? but some days I seriously don't know.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  12. ScouseJM

at the end of the day, God is only human as well..

13. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

If I could see the entire planet all at once, the people in getting blown up in Israel, the guy getting mugged to death in some alley for his watch and the kids born with diseases that will take their lives before they hit puberty, then some guy/girl waking up disgusted with the life others would long to have I wouldn't give them death either, I would just be terribly saddened by what our society is turning into.

14. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

i prayed for years to die...never die... i almost died 5 or 6 times.... i have to figure that there is purpose to it all even if i dont see it... i have really turned to God in the past 5 or 6 months... i am still depressed however i look for ways to do something good... i figure there has to be a reason i am still here.... today i bought some flowers for these two older ladies ... one was in one of those noterized shopping carts and her friend was helping her.... not sure how much joy those flowers will bring them.. but i do know today is the first day i did not SH in quite a whild... so i continue to pray and if i dont get the answer of not waking up.... i am thankful for the smiles some flowers can put on the faces of a few 70 year old ladies....thanks for the thread... i hope u r feeling better and i will remember you in my prayers tonight... hugs

15. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Although I do believe in a sort of god, I don't believe in prayer, for obvious reasons... yet I end up praying for my death, every now and then... -_- I guess it has to do with that I used to pray this goodnight prayer, when I was little, with my mother... so it's basically a habit that won't go away, I guess...

16. ScouseJM

yes i understand ur point.. if it helps, i do always add to my prayer that its not fair how innocent people die every who want to live so he shoul take me instead of one of them. he still doesnt though.

17. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

Everyday. :sad:

18. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

Sometimes I pray to God, but never asking to kill me, because I know that is unrealistic. Those during one of my crying episodes I usually end up on the groud sulking and begging for him to kill me.:dry:

19. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

Every night as i pray to God for his will to be done and not mine but I just dont understand why I'm in such a situation. I feel as if I'm meant to die as a suicide. It has been a few times where I nearly took my own life and then things turned and now history is repeating itself for the 4th time again.

20. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

There is no point of existence!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.