When you have far too much sadness in your world..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ace, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I've sat there and wondered so often when you have far too much sadness in your world what's the worth in living?I get down for no particular reason even times when I should be excited people would say and you're feeling so down why?.I say I don't know,I just feel far too sad and depressed i want it all to go away,basically i want to end this fight.Each day I constantly would be sitting or lying down in tears and just hising under the covers wishing to just melt away.
  2. underdosed

underdosed Guest

i know how you feel
    i feel like that too
    sometimes i wish i could just hide in my room and wait for permanent sleep or just stay and never have to see anyone
    pretending you're ok is exhausting
    i feel your pain
  3. kirstyclive

kirstyclive Guest

ace please keep fighting hunny... remember all the pm's ive sent you and all the love and strength i'll always send...

please dont give up....

Your friend, Kirsty
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Fuck it Ace am joining you under the covers:sad:
  5. KathyLynnKilroy

KathyLynnKilroy Active Member

Call me terrible but ...

I take solace in sadness. In fact, I enjoy sadness. Sad is one of my favorite emotions. In feeling sad, I find peace and comfort, and so I take a great amount of pleasure in being sad.

What I don't take comfort in is hopelessness.

Hopelessness will be the death of me.

We have a lawyer, but he's saying "There's no hope for you. We're working to resolve your case, but you'll have to lose everything again and there's no hope for you."

I can't live feeling like that.

If it was just simple sadness ... Oh, if it was just simple sadness.

Put on Pink Floyd's "The Delicate Sound of Thunder." Relax. Allow yourself to be drawn in to the music. And sadness will take on a whole new meaning.

Sadness will become, as it did for me, a new kind of high, and you, too, will actually enjoy, relish, and embrace the feeling of sadness.

Only when you know hopelessness will you know true desolation. And when there is indeed no hope, will you really give up.

Sadness is warm, and comforting. A feeling you can wrap around yourself like a favorite blanket on a cold night.

Hopelessness is cold and bitter. It's like being caught out in a blizzard with no clothes on. There's nothing pleasant about it at all.

So go. Listen to some music that reflects your mood. Cry. And you'll feel better. And you'll eventually learn to cherish the gift that simple sadness really brings.
  6. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

I'd prefer to hide under a rock, but is there room for a third under the covers?
  7. Sailor

Sailor Member

Without sadness, I would have become a bastard, or even an oppressor.
    Happiness and Joy is daily bread that we need each day. Folks, theres true joy and happiness out there, it's our job to find it.

I have found mine, I wish and hope you all find yours. I still do feel sadness but they're not misery like as before. Seek it guys! It's out there!

Yes, I do feel comfort in sadness, I do like being under the covers and shedding my tears.

Someday our tears will be taken away. We just have to endure.
  8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yes we do. why why why. i would do any thing to make it better but it seems futile.
  9. yada

yada Well-Known Member

Oh how true this is.
  10. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Sorry to everyone I've been offline well south of for some days now,I went away but nothing has improved I even had a friend of mine just accuse me the other day of not trying and it really upset me so much.I won't be going on much longer can't I've thought about it too much.:sad:
  11. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

Thougts are not actions. Just because you have thoughts about something over and over again does not mean you don't have a choice or it's inevitable.

From your post it sounds like you are suffering from depression. I'm hoping you have sought therapy and medication for this illness. Depression can be cured. But like diabetes or any other illness you need to seek treatment. Even then it can be a hard battle.

Depression is not the same as sadness. Sadness is an emotion, but depression is an illness. Lack of energy, sense of hopelessness and helpessness. The person suffering from depression sometimes feels guilty because they are not functioning at their normal standard. The whole world seems full of pain and they are surrounded by painful memories. They can't see hope and they feel helpless, unable to make it stop.

However, just because you can't see hope doesn't mean it 's not there. And just because you are surrounded by painful memories and situations does not mean the whole world is nothing but pain. However, it FEELS this way when depressed.

A feeling is not a truth. It's like comparing an apple to an orange. You can be angry and say truthfully that you are angry. But you may be angry because you think your girlfriend slept with someone else.. She may or may not have done so and being angry does not mean it's true. However, we often trust our emotions as truth.

When depressed you feel sadness, hopelessness and helplessnes. Those feelings are so complete and total that we think it's not just in us but all around us, our past, present and future. It's like thinking the whole world is a dark place because you always wear shades. If you could take the shades off the whole world would look different. Depression can be cured. Your life is more than what it appears to you at present. There is a world of opportunity and happiness out there for you and once the depression is manageable you'll see it.
  12. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Lulliby I don't have just sadness I've been very depressed for a very long time and yes it's been ever so long.It seem's and feels well I guess in my book I'd say it is hopeless,worthless etc I'm really struggling finding a way to go on I'm just hanging on.:sad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.