• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

When your church friends abandon you, you know it is bad!

So, today 2 church friends sort of disappointed me. One I called days ago...never called back until today and said she ‘lost’ my number but then found it...yeah, ok. We all know once it is in your phone it is always there...simply hit recent numbers. Then I spoke to another one on the way home from work...told me to call her and she did not answer the phone all night.
My meds aren’t working....it’s so sad but tomorrow I am looking forward to taking a benzo (I am allowed 2 a week). I can then be assured of a ‘good’ day....this is what my life has come to. I need to tell my dr that if they do not find the right drug to stop the shit going on in my head then I am done. Need to say it in a way that will not get me hospitalized though maybe I should be.
i look at all I have worked so hard for and I look at my beautiful family but I am so all set with ‘living’ this way. My autoimmune disease will shorten my life span anyways so who cares....I will just drug myself the rest of my days.
I hate the person who caused my trauma and who caused all this. I was once normal.
if not for my fear of hell, I would be gone.
Rant over.......

sorry for the continued rant.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
you should talk to your doctor if your meds aren't working. and benzos help but you need more than that. you should probably tell your doctor the truth so he/she can help you. if you don't want to go into the hospital convince your dr. that you're safe for now. but if you need it to be safe maybe hospitalization would help. i hope you get the help you need...mike...*console*sadhug*shake

tlaud

Your rant is quite familiar, just change the characters. Hope it moves forward, even just a little bit.

I just need to add this...I have heard hundreds of times that they will pray, are praying, or have prayed.

James 2:18

Last edited:
you should talk to your doctor if your meds aren't working. and benzos help but you need more than that. you should probably tell your doctor the truth so he/she can help you. if you don't want to go into the hospital convince your dr. that you're safe for now. but if you need it to be safe maybe hospitalization would help. i hope you get the help you need...mike...*console*sadhug*shake
Oh I am safe for now...in fact I cannot imagine ever hurting myself yet I also cannot imagine living like this the rest of my life. there has to be a med out there that can at least stop the chatter in my head so that I can think more clearly in therapy and so that I lose the urge to give up.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
there are a lot of meds out there, keep trying until you find one that works foe you....mike...*hug*shake

MosesY

I believe church people are the worst at understanding mental illness. They are afraid of it. Church people always treat me worse than people who don't go to church. In the Bible 2nd Timothy 1:7 it says "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and might and a sound mind." Well God did not give me a sound mind. Church people fear this, they do not understand it and are afraid of it. I have had church people make fun of me. They don't return my calls. The sinners of the world make much better friends.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I believe church people are the worst at understanding mental illness. They are afraid of it. Church people always treat me worse than people who don't go to church. In the Bible 2nd Timothy 1:7 it says "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and might and a sound mind." Well God did not give me a sound mind. Church people fear this, they do not understand it and are afraid of it. I have had church people make fun of me. They don't return my calls. The sinners of the world make much better friends.
that's sad in a way. church people should open their arms...mike....*hug*shake

tlaud

that's sad in a way. church people should open their arms...mike....*hug*shake
They should, and when they do not, it is extremely sad. Many times since my trauma I have been to churches, and only one man has stepped forward to help me. He left for another church back in February, and when I reached out to him he never replied. I still recommend that those who are interested read the book of James. Verse 26 states, "as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." Here it is.

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00