Where am i supposed to be..?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Entity, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

I am sooo confused.. and i hate being confused.. but i am constantly confused..
    My dad said that i can move in with him if i wanted to last yr.. and then i said i would love too! <3 but now.. i asked him if i still could and he said no and i understand its a hard thing now especially because of the economy and everything.. but my mom would pay child support still just like he does now.. anyways i asked my mom what she would do.. she started fucking yelling and cursing at me about it.. :( and idk.. cuz i dont want to be with my mom but i dont think i want to be with my dad anyways either.. i dont know where i want to be.. and it sucks cuz i realize it HAS to be one of those places but idk.. i dont want to be at either place..

I am just really super confused.. i want to start over and rerun my life not like this.. i want to find a happy family that loves eachother unconditionally and would NEVER get a divorce... idk...
    I keep wishing that this would happen but wouldnt i be taking away from the other family then.. then they would have to put up with me.. that wouldnt be fair either... i have seriously started thinking about trying out overdosing... just to relax and forget about some stuff... but i know that is bad too... and pretty much 1/4 of my family smokes.. so maybe i could take up ciggarettes they are always talking about how it releases soooo much stress..

so i guess i am looking for opinions.. where am i supposed to go? what path is right for me to take..? why am i soo confused all the time... *cry i dont understand.... but i want to so badly...

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

The only way to go is forward. Pretty much everyone on here has some kind of dysfunctional family but you just have to deal with the hand you've been dealt.

As far as smoking is concerned, the stress relief comes from the relief of the addiction. It isn't a natural stress relief remedy but can feel like one due to the chemical dependency.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It sounds to me that you should just stay with your mom. Your dad doesn't sound to supportive. Either way you are going to have responsibilities and rules to live by..Your only other option is if your older than 16 you can file to become an immancipated child. It also comes with responsibilities.. You have to show a steady income and that you can support yourself..Living at home can suck sometimes but really is it so bad?? Maybe you should sit down and write out your goals with life, and your priorities..Then try to focus on making them become reality. Don't start smoking it's a disgusting habit.. Trust me I have been smoking for 40 years and now I am going to quit because they have jacked the price up so alot of people can't afford to smoke anymore..The best advice I can give you is to focus on your education and go to college because now adays if you don't have that degree you will have jobs like working at McDonalds or k-mart.. Employers are looking for people who have degrees in the feild they want to be employed in..

4. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Divorce is a hard thing to cope with. I haven't experienced it personally but seen first hand in my family what divorce can do to the "child" involved! But don't start a habit that you don't need. Smoking will just add unnecessary health problems for you. It is a heavy addiction that many have problems shedding later down the road! I used to smoke and know first hand how addictive it is. There are other ways you can cope. Maybe some type of hobby that interests you?

It doesn't sound to me, that either parent is a good choice at the moment, maybe because they are thinking of their own problems and not really paying attention to yours. Sometimes that is how it goes when a divorce comes into the role of the family life. They tend to forget if they have children, they are also involved as well. do you have any other family members you can stay with , even for a few days until you feel a little more stable and can think things through?

Keep coming here and posting, let us know how you are.

hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.