where can I cut now?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dying2die, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dying2die

dying2die Well-Known Member

I recently had a cutting session go terribly wrong. I ended up in the emergency room and then in a room in the psych ward. anyway the problem is that now my husband knows that I cut, so he's always searching for new cuts. I really need to cut, but I don't know where I can, without him noticing. I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack if I don't cut soon.

2. self harm is a symptom that doesnt go away in a day, you can explain to him that you need all his love and support. If he sees new cuts, he'll be more sympathetic rather then judgemental.

hang in there.

3. dying2die

dying2die Well-Known Member

in a dream world he would totally understand what's wrong with me and how it works... but he doesn't. he really tries to understand what I'm going through, and he is very patient and caring. I just know he would be very upset if he knew I was still cutting. he already calls me every hour while he's at work. I just don't want him to worry anymore.

4. I sympathize I know you don't want to worry him but at least he cares. I can't say much more becuase I'm not aware of you full situation. Are you trying to stop or is it still in the stage where your fighting between the habit and continuing? If that's the case tell your husband you need support not a wet balnket. He'll understand if he knows all aspects of the situation.

JaN

5. sadsong

sadsong Staff Alumni

I completely understand your situation. I'm in a very similar situation, wanting to cut when i'm down but can't because i share every inch of my body with my fiance. I wish i had answers for you as i know how frustrating it can be.

Just try and remember that your husband cares for you greatly and that's why he doesn't want you to hurt yourself. He want s you to turn to him and for him to help you through things and to help you cope.

take care
    lizzy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.