Where did my life go to

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by tallular, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallular

tallular New Member

I have been trawling the net, trying to find a place where I can get help, samaritans, rubbish, my gp rubbish... maybe i just want to much.

I was involved in a road accident last year, broke my back along with 18 other bones and was left with a horrific injury to my right arm and hand (dominant).

the back healed slowly and after 6 months in hospital i learnt to walk and returned home.... But, god has life changed. I was a confident outgoing professional with a 20 year nursing career. I'm now left unable to drive, hold my children. open a can of beans or dress myself properly... yet i get told all the time "i'm so lucky".... why? how? I was hit by a truck, i went under it and it crushed me... where is the luck.

I hate my life now, have tried so very hard to readjust, but i cant, i crave my old life, to have whats gone, to be able to do such simple things again. I've struggled with these feelings for a year now and now, I really have had enough......
    I am an intelligent person, i realise that there are people far worse off than me, but that all means nothing at the moment.. I'm glued to this spot with no way of going forward, and just so desperate for release
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read about the accident you had and can imagine how hard it must be to come to terms with what has happened. I hope you find the site as much of a help as I have. There are a lot of good, caring people here who will always listen to anything you want to talk about. I look forward to getting to know you. Be strong.:smile:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. I hope you are able to find some content through this forum.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am saddened to hear about the accident you had and the injuries resulting fom it. I am glad your back healed so you are able to walk. I know you are unable to do some of the things you could before, but maybe with time you will learn to make adaptations and be able to do some of those things in a different way. I hope you find support here with us.
  6. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to SF. Stay strong, no matter the situation :)
  7. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

when people say you are lucky, they mean you are lucky to still be alive,

i can only imagine how hard it must be for you, look at it, as least you can still do day to day things, even tho it may take you that little longer,

i hope you find the help and support you are looking for here

8. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF!! i am so sorry to hear of your injuries you have sustained and the emotional suffering it sounds like you have and are going through. i hope you will find the support you need here. As a side note, I too have worked as a nurse and miss it like crazy sometimes.
  9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the horrible things that have befallen you. If you ever want to talk, pm me :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.