1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where do I find help?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by netsirk, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netsirk

    netsirk Active Member

    :sad:About 10 years ago Iwas repeatedly raped and sexually abused by my college roommate. I have tried to find help but I have been unable to find someone I am comfortable talking to. I keep getting the feeling that I am being judged. My college roommate was a female as am I and because of this I have been told by 2 different counselors that they can' t help me. I was also told that it wasn't really rape because it was a same sex situation. I am not gay and I wasn't then but everyone assumes I was because of this.
    Does anyone know where to turn for help in dealing with rape by the same sex?
  2. redheadsweetie

    redheadsweetie Active Member

    first of all i am so sorry you were put through that. I had simular experience and it was classified as rape its unwanted sexual contact and thats rape! The only advice i can give you is keep looking around someone out there is okay with working with you on this. lots of safe hugs ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

    if you ever need anything i am a PM away
  3. RySp123

    RySp123 Guest

    First of all, I am sorry to hear you have had such bad experience and still having hardship over this issue.

    What amazes me is that if a man touches a woman-girl wrongly against her will it is rape, same for a woman touchig a man-boy, same again if a man does it to a man-boy yet it is not if a woman does it to another woman-girl?

    Makes sense to anyone? I don't get it truely I dont!

    Now, I'd like to know what kind of help you seek. Counseling or you want to press charge against that person?

    If for pressing charges, I have no idea how to go about it. If it is for counseling, then look at the background of the counselor before going to see one........ call their office and ask fi they are specialized in rape issues. that is what I would do, but lets hope others will come up with other ideas that will be helpful to you.

    Good luck and dont give up. Here you will aslways find ears and hearts ready to hear and feel and share with you.

    granny xx
  4. Acy

    Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

    I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you. It must have been very frightening and confusing.

    Is there any kind of Lesbian-Bisexual-Gay-Transsexual group in your area?

    Most cities and universities/colleges have some kind of group. They would likely be able to recommend a counselor who is skilled in the area of unwanted same-sex relations (same-sex abuse!). Was it a rape & sexual assault crisis center that you went to before? If yes, that's very unfortunate and shame on them! Someone at a rape & sexual assault crisis center should be able to help, even if your country's laws don't have same-sex assault within their "rape" definition.

    I hope this helps somehow.
  5. Yana

    Yana Active Member


    I found a website the other day. I dont have the details to hand but its an organisation called NAPAC - National Association of People Abused in Childhood. It has a useful links section - well I found a rape/abuse place near where I live through it. Maybe the site has some links useful for you...just a thought... I hope it helps

    I do empathise with your situation in the sense that I feel abuse by women on women is massively overlooked and help is scarce. It is abuse though, and rape is rape regardles of the sex of the victim/perpetrator. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or minimise this persons actions.

    Btw I'm going to be posting up a new thread myself as you've touched on an area I'm seeking help with too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.