Where do I go?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by analise, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. analise

analise New Member

Hi, Im 21 weeks pregnant... feeling suicidal, I dont want to kill myself because of the baby. I told my husband many times and his response is to tough it out because medication can harm the baby. I dont have a family doctor, so I told my obstetrician who basically just said that its not his area of specialty and that it wont harm the baby... I feel like no one is really taking me seriously when I say I am depressed. I feel like something bad is going to happen.

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello analise. I'm sorry that people are not taking you seriously, that is not right. I would suggest seeing a general practitioner in your area as soon as possible. They will likely be able to help you the most and could refer you to different people if necessary. They should be able to tell you about medication too and what is safe or not. Good luck, I hope they can support you through your pregnancy. Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

3. RestrainedPower

RestrainedPower New Member

I'm a male so I can't really relate to you on the aspect of the pregnancy issue. However, I have a very bad disease and a worse case of it that over 20+ doctors just pass me on to the next because they say that exact same thing, " its not my area of specialty, although i can refer you to someone who can." To only find out im just a mouse running on a wheel. They all say that and it makes life seem hopeless. My depression is unimaginable, and unbearable and if you express your "true" inner feeling to a doctor or therapist they, assume you need to be in a constantly monitored hospital floor with crazy people, drug addicts, gang bangers and people you would never ever want to be around or associate with. Which happened to me when i voiced my depression, police and fire department were immediately called and i was cuffed and taken to the hospital as if I robbed a bank. No one takes depression seriously until you actually harm yourself or others, which is one reason this world is so messed up. Sometimes people just need a friend, someone to talk too, or listen to you and with so many obstacles to get any type of help and waiting lists no wonder people go out and do horrific things to people or cause bodily harm. Just be strong Analise, and always remember someone somewhere has it harder than you. I know its easier said than done. The game of Life is such a walk in a park for some, and a crawl through the trenches of hell for others. I'm alone in this world.... be happy you have a husband or any family. I hope I made you feel even a little better, I hope for the very best for you even though i have never met you. Take care and have a beautiful baby.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi analise and welcome to SF. Unfortunately being pregnant means you cannot take anything other than folic acid however you could engage in counselling or any type of therapy that you feel might be beneficial. Feeling like something bad is going to happen, is that anxiety? Sorry no one is taking you seriously, we will for sure be taking you seriously here.

please reply back and let us know how you are doing!

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Ask you obstetrician to recommend a family dr to you. A regular dr and/pediatrician are the ones to help you decide what can and cannot be done to help, and no, not every medication in the world is harmful to babies. Certainly counseling and therapy is very reasonable alternative that cannot hurt baby and so you can talk to somebody that will listen and take you seriously.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi analise,

There are some types of anti-depressants you can actually take whilst you are pregnant that will not harm the baby, especially as you are now past that crucial first few weeks where the baby is developing. There are peri-natal psychiatrists out there who can advise you and monitor you during this time. If you are already prone to depression, being pregnant can amplify this and bring it on again because of all the hormones in your body. I would definitely try and arrange to see a peri-natal psychiatrist as they can devise a treatment plan for you that will benefit you but not harm the baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.