Where Do These Sudden Crashes Come From?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by whereorwhen, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whereorwhen

whereorwhen Member

I've spent the morning preparing for a preliminary job interview that I have on Monday. I have the capabilities for the position, but not the direct experience. Nonetheless, the organization has shown interest in me and I'd really like to be a part of what they do. I had a productive morning, reached a stopping point, and just plain crashed. Where does that come from?

Part of it is the other worries I have. One of my kids just withdrew from college. Mercifully, he has a job, but life is a tough enough row to hoe without a degree. The other one is finishing up in the spring, and I'm worried about what he'll do. I mean, I shouldn't worry: He's plenty smart and fast on his feet. It's just so tough out there right now. I guess you're never through being a parent...
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

This sounds kind of trivial, but when was the last time you ate? Sometimes blood sugar can do that to you. Also as hard as it is, do not worry about your kids. While the job market is tougher than usual right now they will be just fine. The act of you worrying that they will not be okay could possibly undermine their confidence if they sense you are doing it. Just trust everything will work out okay :)
  3. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Applying for things, basically anything, scares the shit out of me. You're offering yourself up for rejection. All sorts of things from your subconscious come bubbling up. I try not to dwell on it too much and think of it sort of as a game, which it sort of is. Sorry, that's probably not too much of a help!

I also crash at random times, but it's so common for me I don't even ask why.
  4. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I can kind of relate with TWC. When it came to important job meetings I would freeze. Then I decided to make a game of it in my head. It worked! I went in thinking I am good enough and if it didn't work out to my favor....oh well.
    The stress and not eating properly crashes me. When I feel it coming on a reach for a bag of peanuts.
  5. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

you know what? i go through these sudden crashes myself and i have never been able to quite figure out what causes them. to me more important than knowing where they come from is how i react to them. am i going to let it tear me down or will i allow it to keep me down? i just happen to believe it is very important to ask ourselves those questions. i don't know what else to tell you, but too keep strong. take care
  6. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

I can't personally vouch for this advice (yet!) but I posed a similar question last week when I went to an ADD support group for the first time.. other members who know more than I do about brain chemistry (which is nothing) said the same thing about eating being good for your blood sugar, and also said protein for breakfast was important.. in addition they recommended that I try getting up and going to bed at the same time every day, and also eating at the same time every day if I can. Also, plan mealtimes just for eating, don't work through lunch or whatever. They said that after a while your body gets used to the routine and then produces happy-feel-good chemicals to reward you when you stick to it.. I dunno, worth a try for both of us maybe?

I hope the interview went well, and good luck to your son!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.