Where do you cut?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Rose24, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I just cut after about half a year: a tiny cut just over a cm across above my thumb so that it looks like an accident at work. My main incentive to stop cutting was the scaring, I feels so embarrassed when other people see my scars. I used to cut my thighs so that very few people saw them but it’s a problem when I go on holiday. Even though I don’t plan on cutting often, I suppose I’m looking for new "hidden" places to cut, do you have any suggestions? Where do you cut? Are you worried about them being seen?

2. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I cut on my left arm, and left leg. Although I have cut my chest.
  3. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i mostly only cut my left arm, right leg and stomach..
  4. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

My arms, between the wrist and elbow usually...I haven't in awhile but I keep thinking about it....Don't want to - but feel compelled at times. I wear long sleeves, always.
  5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I used to cut my arms all the time but now because of work asking questions all the time, its usually my chest and stomach.
  6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

usually my arms and chest but sometimes i do my throat because the stubble hides the cuts
  7. rosky71

rosky71 Well-Known Member

i cut on my right thigh
  8. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

i did my cuts on arm and chest.. i get questions all the time but oh well..
    I do hide them sometimes. its important that people get to know me first before seeing my scars.. otherwise they never take me seriously.
  9. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. But I think I managed to make it a positive thing. It's stopped me from cutting, simply because I have the common knowledge that it will scar and eventually might be seen. If ever there was a *good* place I could do it with knowing for sure it would always be hidden, I would. But there's not.

To answer your Q: I've tried some in different places to check visibilaty.. like upper arms or the inner part, which a regular t shirt will cover, but then you won't be able to wear the most amazing tanks you see around you this summer, because however you try to hold your arm to your body; you won't manage.

Then there's the inner ankle, which works if you feel like wearing socks all day, meaning you might be wearing jeans as well because socks and shorts look lame.

There is the inner thigh.. And not being able to wear a bikini (as is the case with most of the others though) But you can wear shorts or skirts.

Finally your hips. Under your underwear line. It's a fine place to hide it, but causes the pain/irritation you don't aim for, when your underwear scratches it constantly.. itching, re-opening of wounds ..

Of course there also are those places I haven't tried, and with good reason. Like underneath the feet, in the armpits and in your neck covered by hair. But each of those has very specific points I won't get into.

My advice; turn your running out of places to cut into something more positive. There are no places made to be cut in. So maybe instead of trying so hard to find a place to cut which you can get away with, try to think not being able to find it might actually be a good thing?

Lots of love and luck,

10. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I cut my wrists, arms, legs, stomach, chest, ankles. There's basically no place where I don't cut.
  11. nobodyandeverybody

nobodyandeverybody Active Member

i haven't cut in awhile but when i did cut i did my thighs left arm, under my feet and my toes
  12. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

i cut by my underwear lining so i can wear bathingsuits.
  13. Love's Icy Death

Love's Icy Death Well-Known Member

I cut mainly on both arms, but also my chest and right thigh. I wear long sleeves all the time, and I will have to for the rest of my life.
  14. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I dont cut as much as i once did but when i do i try hide it as much as possible, so most of my 'bad' scars are on my upper thighs (both)
    But i have also cut my right arm, elbow down. i used to cut the souls of my feet...very painfull lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.