where do you get your source of income?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ripx, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

i was just wondering where everyone got their sources of income from, considering its very hard to hold a job for a solid period of time given feelings of depression and lack of motivation.

personally, my depression, social phobia, and physical disability make it virtually impossible to get a job. I currently have no source of income sadly, as i am often deemed as being lazy and a quitter. Well, i went to school with near perfect attendance up until grade 11, so that shows I'm not excessively lazy, at least no more than the average person. Plus the fact that i attended, and took the bus everyday shows that i did try to overcome my feelings of social anxiety. despite this, i still always feel guilty, like I'm two totally different people, a motivated person, but too much of a coward. I tried to apply for welfare or "income support" but just because i don't have a doctors authorization stating that i cant work, I'm not eligible. they flat out tell me that i CAN work and that I'm not trying.

one last thing, theres this thing called AISH, it stands for assured income for the severely handicapped. i applied for it and was denied, i wasn't surprised. But later on i discovered that a friends brother received aish and he was perfectly physically able of working, but had depression. another person, whom is a member of this forum receives aish, and they are also perfectly physically able to work. Now I'm not saying these people don't deserve the money they receive, but shouldn't i be receiving it as well? every person i talk to about this is shocked that i was denied, i used to think nothing of it, but I'm now realizing the injustice that Ive have been dealt.

anyways, sorry for that unnecessary extension to this topic.

so, where does your money come from?
  2. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

10 views and not one response? come on people its a pretty straight forward question that everyone can answer!
  3. i dont have an income :(
    but looking 4 a job very desperately
  4. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Perhaps none that have read your post has income of some sort. Give it time and some will come forth should there be some getting income as you refered to.

How about getting a doctor's examination so he can write you the certificate you need to be eligible? Just a thought :hug:
  5. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I don't have an income. I applied for disability last February because of schizophrenia but was denied.
  6. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Maybe people don't feel inclined to answer what is actually quite a personal question!
  7. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

lol considering that on an hourly basis people are confessing to things that a lowsy income would pale in comparison too, i dont think anyone has anything to be ashamed of in stating that they have no income.

and besides, you dont have to have income to post, just say i have no income, or i borrow!
  8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear Ripx I just saw your thread as it's morning here in Australia first of all I'm deeply sorry that you aren't being given an income due to your illness.It's purely a joke that you aren't being given an income especially as you have a legitimate reason why you can't work.Anyhow I'm currently receiving a sickness Allowance e while I'm off my job at the moment.

I was given the Allowanace on the basis that I have a job to go back to.
  9. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i work and receive assistance
  10. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I just got a new job, so my income comes from that. Small as it is . . . I couldn't get a job for a few months, too nervous going to the interviews. So I lived off my savings (spending it all so now I have neg. in my accounts.)but now I get some moo work!! I'm both really excited that I'm working again, I really do feel a lot better when I'm doing stuff its just so hard for me to get the work.
  11. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I scab off people, I'm a bit of a tight arse really ;)
    I only use my back account if I have to.
  12. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I live with my mom and stepdad. I worked for a few months, but work made me incredibly suicidal, and my back pain (kyphosis) started getting worse, so my mom let me/ recommended I quit. My stepdad complains that I don't have a job, and the new psychiatrist I saw today acted like I'm a total loser (which I am) because I stay home all day. So, I currently have no source of income. The therapist I saw told me to apply for SSI, while the psychiatrist is more of a get-out-and-work-you're-lying kind of person. Two extremes. I want to go back to school and get a good career. Hopefully I can manage.

13. Hi Ripx. Do you live in the US? I am disabled and I am mostly unable to work, except for very limited kind of careers. Could you explain more about AISH?
  14. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I am on benefits (Incapacity Benefit) :sad:
  15. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

i get study support from the government and have a part time job
  16. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I have a part time job and I've had it since I was 16. It's the only place where I feel 100% safe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.