Where does depression end?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kkanadian, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkanadian

kkanadian New Member

I don't know.
    I really don't know what you can even define as "depressed." I can tell you one thing, I'm not happy.
    I think I've mentioned it before, or people see it, it's just... everything is so sad to me. Everything. I'll get quiet with friends, groups, doing anything, and just think. I think about how I'm just not anything. How my family isn't a family. How much I hate living here. How much I devote myself to friends, boys, whoever, and how much I never get back.
    What is depression? When does it end?
    Am I depressed? Or am I just really really sad and lonely?

Can I even call myself depressed without medical input? I by no means want to go to a doctors... I just need advice. Hear me out-I never expected to be sad for that long, I just was. I just am. I just cry. I just can't take everyday life. I can't.

I'm too tired.
    I'm too busy.
    I'm too bored.
    I'm too scared.
    I'm too nervous.
    I'm too anxious.
    I'm too much.
    I'm just sad.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds likeyou are depressed hun and i think you need to tell someone okay reach out to your regular doctor even and get some help for you Depression ends when you do something to end it hun okay don't let it continue on get some help

3. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

It seems we've got books and advice and medications and beaches and therapy and friends and birthday parties and zoo animals and movies and lovers and mountains and museums and we're still not happy. I don't know why. I just have to lay flat in the dark on the bad days and wish like hell for another good day, which, by the way, always comes around anymore. . . It's not like the days and months and years when there was no light anywhere in any form. Nowadays, sadness is more like a stomachache, but I don't handle it well. It's just that the days when the sun comes out are so pleasant, I hang on to them, and I work like crazy on those days.

4. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

All I can say for myself is depression has just become a part of my life I have to endure, I don't see an end to mine, therapy and meds haven't done very much for myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.