where does the feeling of suicide come from?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anoriginalthought, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoriginalthought

anoriginalthought Active Member

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

it comes from an imbalance of chemicals in the brain sometimes which cause depression and suicidal ideation
    it comes from lack of hope and pain and overwhelming sadness loss anger many places
  3. For myself it comes from the memories of my childhood and having so much done to me that I enclose myself and give no one trust. It varies. Sometimes it's frustration and then later it isn't a factor in your mind..so being overwhelmed in thought? That's why talking to someone or waiting for your mind to recuperate is key to figure out what's really in your heart of hearts. If suicide is often a thought or idea, you need to seek help/resources to understand yourself and take control in finding balance. This is funny coming from me...
  4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I try not to concentrate on where or why I have suicidal ideation. Rather try to focus on how to make it stop as well as how to prevent it. If I find out the where or why that is fine. Maybe I am just to early in relieving my mind of suicidal ideation to start focusing on the where and why aspect. Since medication does help to curb this thinking for me, it definitively comes from some chemical imbalance, but since I may be okay for months with out medication and than have suicidal ideation plow me down again, there is more to it for me than just a chemical imbalance. Still working on it. :noidea:
    I know not really an answer, just thought I would add my 2cents worth.
  5. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

chemical imbalance, with meds and positive thinking, you can get better good luck friend
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.