Where does the soul reside?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I used to always wonder where the soul was found in a person. Have you? If I would have to guess. I would say that it resides in the brain. Your thoughts? Blessings..

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Ok this is probably a really bad analogy but here's my own crazy thoughts on the subject:

Where does a song like "Jingle Bells" exist? It exists in my head, it exists in yours, in the past and in the future. My soul is my song, your soul is your song, yet nobody owns that song, it exists within you, but it exists elsewhere too.
  3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Look on a map, it lives 47 miles North of Neverland and 15 west of Oz in a thatched cottage next door to Santa Claus and World Peace.
  4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I always assumed the soul resided in the heart, but that is in the sense that that is where love and emotions reside also, so I guess my assumption is quite pointless(I am quite aware that such things reside in the brain btw, but it can be a bit hard to break from such simplistic childhood teachings sometimes).

I actually wonder more if the soul even exists, as there is no physical evidence of it, and (if I am correct) it is a religious concept. Seeing as our brain contains everything that makes us human, I see no need for one. Perhaps someone could enlighten me?
  5. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

There is no soul in my opinion,but having said that the word soul is a very broad term and it would be hard to find agreement as to a definition of what a soul is within any group of people so I'm sure u'll get many different answers to ur question as u have people on this board...but to answer ur question i would say there is no place where the soul resides as there is no such thing as a soul...
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

When I still believed (wish I still did) in the concept of a soul I assumed it was sort of a mirror image of yourself occupying your entire body. That is the way people existing in the afterlife look in movies and how people describe ghosts they have seen haunting a building.

If the soul is in the mind, does it remain after a person's mind is incapacitated by trauma or disease and is no longer distinguishing that person from soulless animals like lower primates?
  7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

That is beautiful!
  8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

In the brain, I believe
  9. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

in the heart, the rest is just matter.
  10. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I heard one person (a musician) say that it resides between your eyes. :yes:
  11. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

according to vedic literature it resides in the heart.
  12. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I believe it is in the brain because the brain is what makes everything work. Also the way science explains what happens when we think also proves it to me as well. In my faith, when we die we go to sleep. Everything shuts off until the return of the Messiah Yahshua for the saints and after for the rest of humanity. I am aware others do not share my belief but this is what I do. This is another reason why I believe. Also the heart is explained in my faith to be where all the fleshly wicked desires come from. So I do not believe it is in there, but to each their own. Blessings..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  13. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Did you know that ancient physicians believed it resided under the tongue? Yes, these old medics would look in the mouth of one who just died and look under the tongue to see if it was still there or if it had flown to the heavens.

Me, I believe my sole is beneath my feet.
  14. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I think the soul resides in brussel sprouts. When you eat them at christmas determines who dies for the whole of next year.

Damn those evil sprouts
  15. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

thats why they taste so nasty!!! bleck i hate brussels sprouts....
  16. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

wait step back what if you do not eat them?
  17. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Then no-one dies!! Ever thought why on earth people eat sprouts even though they are soooooo nasty?
  18. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

The soul is part of our astral bodies like the whole chakra system, which is why there is no scientific proof of it. They still exist though. :smile:
  19. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't believe in souls.
  20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I don't have a soul anymore. I once sneezed and no one was there to say god bless you. So my soul was lost forever. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.