Where has all the nice gone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Desmo-jones, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desmo-jones

Desmo-jones New Member

I'm a nice person, I helped my mate when his dad killed himself, I help my other friends when they need someone to talk to, I try to get good grades at school and I don't pick fights. But I'm so fucken tired of being nice, the world is a shithole of depression and devestation, nice people are fucken walked all over and kicked to crap out of, no one appreciates nice anymore, I mean I even tried to give someone something and they wouldn't even believe me when I said it didn't have any catch. It's just so tiring being who I am now it's starting to wear me out, and a lot of people, you try and help them and they stab you in the back. I'm just tired of living in a world like this and the next train out, I'll be on it.

2. odin93

odin93 Guest

I agree, i feel the same way but hang in there, ride it out youll see that sooner or later people will aprreciate all of your niceness and youll get rewareded for it later in life.

3. Desmo-jones

Desmo-jones New Member

You don't get rewarded, there is no Christian judgement day, the whole religion's one big croc. It's like the Korn song 'Here to stay' when it goes "You've taken everything and oh I can not give anymore", there is nothing left, just a hole. I appreciate the words of advice, I'm not ungrateful and I certainly hope you stick to those feelings, but I can't.

4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Nice people are the best people you will ever meet, don't change who you are just because people scoff at your lifestyle, humility is one of the warmest and most envied traits a person can have. It may seem like that is all the world is full of, bitter people, but believe me there are decent people out there. People notice your kindness and take it into account, even if they don't show it; Being kind and being a doormat, however, are two very different things and I hope you won't let people abuse your kindness and treat you like the latter.

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

stay as you are mate, i know what your saying but this world needs the nice people like us.

take care

6. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with being nice. I'm the same way but I learned a long time ago being nice gets you nowhere. So I'm selectively nice. It takes practice but you can learn to be nice to only those who deserve and tell the rest to " f*** of" :biggrin:

7. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

not necessarily true in my opinion, but school is a different story I suppose, too many people are not so nice at school. I hope you get older and realise that people do get to appreciate the good.

8. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Desmo, don't give up hope. It's people like you that make the world go round, believe it or not. School is a bitch now a days, at any level. I would say it's the toughest part of life to go through... the clicks, groups, gangs, meanness, picking on people, etc...

Life does get better. I know for me, it is always so refreshing to meet people like you. I used to try to help every one, much like you. I've learned to pick and choose who I help, and I win some and i lose some.

Hang in there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.