Where I'm At.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Apatheticman, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apatheticman

Apatheticman New Member

I'm pushing 30 and a post-graduate student. My wife is disabled, but the Social Security Disability folks won't recognize it, so we're roughly $40K in credit card debt from her bills and I'm working full time again while trying to finish law school. Every minute of every day I'm cooking, or studying, or working, or in class, or bathing her, and none of it gets done as well as it needs to. None of it. I'm slowly but surely losing this battle, and if something doesn't change soon, the whole house of cards will be coming down sometime around Christmas. I can see it coming. We can't afford her medications anymore and we can't afford her insurance payment this month. We were lucky to make rent.

I just don't see how we can keep doing this. And I know she needs me, but I just need to stop feeling like this. Whatever that takes.

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Sorry you go through such a hardship. Haven't you got any family that could ease some of your load or friends that could land you a hand? Even small things on the long run makes a small mountain of help.

Your wife doesn't seem to be independant at all the way you put it and seems odd to me that she is not recognized disability.

Here you will find lots of good ears to listen to you so take a deep breath and let it all out. It does help

3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

I realize now that you are new so welcome to SF. :hug:

4. Apatheticman

Apatheticman New Member

Yeah. Welcome to the new guidelines brought on by the approaching baby-boomer spike in social security payments. We're in the midst of an appeal. She should get it, but it'll be another year or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.