Where I'm at.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mogwai02, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogwai02

Mogwai02 Active Member

I like to say I have a terminal case of depression. All I can think about day after day is that the end is near. I'm 27 now and I don't foresee ever turning 30. There's just no joy in this world for me and everything just depresses me more. I don't know what to do anymore.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello Mogawi.. sorry you are feeliong so down now.. do you have someone professional in the mental health field helping you now?? if not you may want to get some help for yoruself.. meds can really help fighting depression.. also a therapist with experience can help a heck of a lot..

good luck fighting the depression.. best wishes..tc, Jim
  3. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hi mogwai.

I don't know who you are so this is maybe a shot in the dark, but I'll tell you what made me feel a lot better. In my life I overcame ocd, ptsd, and social anxiety. I still am depressed sometimes, but it's much better than it used to be.

The first thing that made me feel ten times better is doing exercise. I was overweight and unhappy about my body. With a better physique came confidence and good feelings. It helped a lot.

Another point was that I was socially unhappy. Meeting new people and just having a good time together came make you much happier, but you need the right skills for that. It doesn't came by itself (for me it didn't). The most important skill to have socially is being a ok/good conversationalist.

Perhaps it's an idea to make these two your goal: 1. exercise. 2. becoming a better conversationalist.

For me my depression had to do with my environment. When I changed my environment (that made me depressed) I felt much better.

Have you ever tried something like this? Doing self-help/improvement and setting goals?

Sometimes depression is a (natural) consequence of the environment you are in. If that's so, you have to break out of that environment, break out of your comfort zone.

Well take care. I don't know if it applies to you but it can help for pretty many people I think.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i know how that feels there is help hun i do hope you reach out okay to your doctor and get on some meds or therapy that can help you Keep talking here okay it helps to know you are not alone hun hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.