where is chat

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fluffypingu, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

hey I was just wondering where chat has gone I cant seem to find it atall

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Chat will be back as soon as we can get it working smoothly again. Don't fret it is not gone, they are working on it as I speak.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You also must re-upload your avatar. The site went wonky on us, sorry x

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Yeah, I kind of miss the chat now that it is gone (funny, when I used to rarely use it up until a few months ago). But it does make you appreciate the little things, that you take for granted until they are gone.

Let the Powers-That-Are know they can take their time working on the chat, Petal, the more time they have to work on it, the less chances there are for server problems like what has been plaguing SF the last few weeks... but that is just me speaking, not the SF Community as a whole. :)

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Things went hinky - I am really sorry guys. We will get things back as soon as we can. I know that it is stressful when your normal supports are temporarily gone but please use forum PM and walls and forum to support each other and we will get chat back up as soon as we can.

2 people like this.
  6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I had assumed for those 10 odd hours that the forum was down that it must have been because it could not handle all of the cuteness of Bubbles that I had been spreading over the forums and the chat, but I am relieved that that was never the case. :)

3 people like this.
  7. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oops, just saw this. I am back from a 4 day stay in hospital.

8. Freya

Angie Angie Angie Angie *hug *hug *hug - I am so glad you are back - chat missed you LOADS!

9. When is chat expected to be back up?????!!!!! I really need the support while I am at work (which I am right now).

10. Freya

I am really sorry honey - it is being worked on. Something went badly wrong yesterday and we are doing all we can but I don't know when it will be back. I am sorry.

2 people like this.
  11. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well the chat seems to be back up, in some small part - I can see it and access certain parts of it on mobile device, but on PC is does not appear at all. Still, that is nothing to be worried about, it is still early in the reconstruction phase so not really expecting it to magically work right away. Keep up the terrific work, those of you who are working on it. :)

2 people like this.
  12. Freya

Thanks Moat - @Raven has been doing all the work on it and deserves the credit. I am glad that it is back up in part.

2 people like this.
  13. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Be sure to thank Raven for me then; he seems to have been working non-stop all this time, so my hat is off to his tireless efforts to bring everything back as quickly and efficiently as he can. :)

14. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Raven has spent endless hours this week trying to get things back and everything running fully. Everyone's patience and understanding as we get everything back up is really appreciated.

15. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

thankyou guys for all your work it means a lot

16. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Are they still working on the chat? I'm using Google Chrome and don't see it.

17. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Are you seeing a blue and white format forum or the purple one from before. If you are on the blue/white chat should be there. sometimes it takes a refresh or a few minutes to appear.

18. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You need to reset your forum setting to the default mode vbulletin - that format seems to be the best way in which the chat works and can be accessible, although there are still a few bugs with the chat, but nothing major, as when SF crashed last week, fortunately.

19. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

I thought me being absolutely stupid and thick the week got it completely kicked off and it was just me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.