Where Is God?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by fromthatshow, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

God is the only one I have left to turn to yet he never answers me. I don't ask God. I ask of anything higher to communicate with. To have a connection with. I feel no connection. I never have felt the slightest connection. Is it possible for a connection with God to be severed? He doesn't seem to answer me. It's not like I even need some voice to respond. I always look for symbols. I always look for meaning. I've never found any.
    Where is God and why does he seem to be there for some and not others?

2. iojuiopoip

iojuiopoip Guest

Pittsburgh.

3. Ire

Ire Guest

I often wonder about that... why some people have 'found' god and other havn't...

I think alot of it, is not so much god as a 'higher power'.

It doesn't even neccesarily have to be a person... it can be an ideal. Maybe your higher power is freedom... or communism, or whatever.
    For me, it's nature. I love being out in nature, and it's beauty and straightforwardness. It helps me get away from the complications of my humanity.

It's not easy. It took me about 2 weeks of sitting through these groups of people talking about a higher power to actually realize it could be something other than a god I didn't believe in.

If you can't find god, then maybe you should look for something else to believe in. Maybe try studying different religions?

I actually just bought some books on witchcraft from amazon.com... I am hoping that it will spark my interest, and give me something else to live for. Take what ya can get : /

4. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

Have you ever read the poem "Footprints in the Sand"? Okay, yeah, it's kind of corny - but it really helped me to feel like God cares and that I'm not alone. I think it gives you such a mental image of the Lord carrying you that over time, you start to feel cared for whenever you read it. Google it and have a look?

5. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

Really? *giggles* I'm so sad I missed out on a meeting when I was there!

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Its cause you have wrong idea of what god is. Gods are just super advanced interdimensional beings. They are deistic right now. Humans can become like that too when we learn how to use our minds and dna to the fullest. Thats what I believe any ways.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yes I believe that's what many people have mistaken for Gods, and I agree that we will get there one day. I just wish I had a connection or some kind of communication with something higher. A higher part of myself, an angel, anything. I've been trying to get rid of all the negative in my life but there is nothing positive coming through, so I just end up in bed again.

And I have read "Footprints in the Sand" :smile: it's lovely.

8. I agree that the concept of "God" is a very personal and individual one - it can be no other way - since no one has the capacity to embrace, let alone inhabit the very unique nature of anyone else's beliefs, and what they themselves have "experienced". We've often been taught by those around us that God is a personal & actively involved entity, whereas I believe that God is an utterly incomprehensibe and unfathomably vast "Energy". I have felt my own "connection", and... I have lost it as well (and it was easily the most excruciatingly painful thing I have yet endured, among countless other things in my life). I've also rather come to loathe the [fairly] ubiquitous reference to God as "He"...

And perhaps I have come to prefer the sardonic (albeit not without a sense of humour - for none of us will ever know the true nature of that "Energy" - and to claim that we do, is pure hubris -an "occupational hazard" of being Human), but this (postd by someone else recently here on the forum) rather summed up a view I found "food-for-thought" on the nature of what many perceive God to be...

Here is an interesting quote from Epicurus:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”

"

9. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

in your head

10. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

you got that right .

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:rofl:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

It's important to feel connected. We're connected to other people, to the plants and animals, to the past, present and future. It's impossable to live an isolated existence, we're caught up in a web of connections that includes all things. Despite that we still feel alone,and seek connection with God. Maybe God is part of the web that we feel separated from though?

13. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

LOL..heheheh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.