Where is the hope for mankind?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Klax0r, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klax0r

Klax0r Member

I'm almost certain that with the way mankind is headed, we are never going to have a quality world to live in. We're living in a world built on WORTHLESS COMPLICATIONS such as materialism, religion, work, etc. People are so gullable, blind, and ignorant.

People are the main reason that I'm suicidal. Their stupidity boggles my mind with such a passion, it drives me insane. I can't really carry on a conversation with anybody anymore. I don't have motivation or hope to even live with such freaks.

Truth is something that I find to be very important, but it doesn't seem that mankind has much interest in it. Why do people believe in any religion, have you ever sat down and thought about the way this world is? We're a bunch of animals on a "planet", as we call it, as we call everything, cause we just made up a bunch of sounds to communicate, it's not really supposed to be this way people, it just seems to fit us so perfectly because we've adapted to it perfectly, as has everything around us, it all fits because it has to, laws of science, space, time, etc say that it must be that way. We don't even know what life is, we're just here and we have no idea why, we may figure that out.

The THEORY of a heaven/hell/afterlife is JUST A THEORY. People are just blindly believing it because it seems to make sense to them, but they really have no knowledge on the subject to determine whether or not it is true, it came straight out of thin air. A god didn't write a book, it was man, can't you see how it controls everyone? Don't be convinced by a book, you or any other man has never witnessed a god, why do you believe that it exists? Don't you people think?!?!? Why do people believe things that don't add up?

Maybe a god did create us, I'm not ruling it out, but there is no reason to base your life upon a book written by fellow men to control you.

Through lies and stupidity, we have a world that is full of lies and just isn't put together very well at all. If every human had a higher IQ, which our systems prevent this from happening, we would have much better society to live it. We fight with eachother for absolutely no reason at all, we have seperation of countries, we're all the same, why do we have war? The stupidity, THE STUPIDITY!!! OH GOD ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! I seriously don't know how much longer I can take it, there is no hope. NO HOPE!

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Where is the hope? I look at my children and they are my hope for a better future. Go to any hospital and look at the newborns in the nursery. They are our hope for a better future. Yes the world is full of shit, hatred and unthinkable cruelty. But as a human race, we learn by our mistakes. And we have to teach our children from those mistakes. We have to hold on to a little hope to be able to pass it on to each new generation. We have to learn to not be so dependent on material things and to be more dependent on each other. The people here that deal with so much pain everyday are the future. Because if they can stop one other persons pain then they have helped someone discover their future. And that person is going to carry a message of hope into the world. We have to start believing in each other and helping one another. Just the thoughts of someone whose been arond for a few years on this messed up planet.

3. Hope is dead.

4. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

hello there, what a coincidence i just thought about all those stuff & you have put them on this thread - i like this kind of mind provoking writings.
    well, i'm also kind of sick of the way the world goes, how people live their lives etc, i just kind of don't understand why this world goes on the way it is which is so wrong in my opinion.
    i constantly questioning all sort of stuff that's going on & that have overwhelmed me. some say ignorance is bliss yeah but i can't ignore it, the more i know about things the more i get sick of this world :dry:

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree with pretty much everything that you have stated Klaxor. The world is in trouble and we needs to change our actions, or else we're pretty much doomed as a species. But as Itmahanh said, the next generation will likely be more caring and compassionate for their fellow human beings than our generation. I'm hoping that in the future, there won't be so many wars and pointless violence. We have to hope that the future will be a better one.

6. tourniquet77

tourniquet77 Guest

What makes you say that the next generation will be more caring and compassionate? If we are this corrupt, there is no way we can raise children that are any better. Teen sex and pregnancy is at its highest. I was talking to this 10 year old and I could not believe the words coming out of his mouth. He learned it at school from the other kids. Crime/murder is at a high as well. You cannot turn on the 6 o clock news without hearing someone has been killed, robbed, etc. I remember back in the good days when one person murdered it made international news and EVERYONE was talking about it. Your next door neighbor, your mailman, everyone was shocked. It's not even a big deal anymore. We're becoming more and more liberal and pretty soon EVERYTHING is going to be accepted. There will be no morals or bounderies. It's a joke. I honestly feel very sorry for the next generation and ones following and I am glad I will not have to go through it.

7. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

hope is just a waste, in this heartless world.

8. Klax0r...

(Welcome)

I too, agree with everything you said and THEN some. I've been observing everything and everyone (including myself) all my life - I do not believe we will ever smarten up enough to conquer all our many, MANY faults!! Realistically, it just ain't gonna happen!

And I, like you, truly wanted to die because of the perpetual insanity. However, no matter what happens, and no matter what is in or out of my control, I came to the realization that yes, my time here is short (just like everyone else's), and even though our arrogance as a race will indeed be the death of us - nothing, but NOTHING in this world is permanent anyway! (we always forget that!!)

...Perhaps we're a tiny "cosmic experiment" (and perhaps it's gone really wrong too!). But there's still so much to see in this life, and one doesn't have to focus only on Humans! So...I decided to enjoy the sights while I'm here. There's MUCH to weep over (most especially in regards to US!), but there's also a lot to be perpetually fascinated by. I take "time-out" to look at all the rest (and I know I will never see or know it all - ALSO just like the rest of us...though we all-too-often THINK we will or can!). I'm trying to enjoy the ride now... I wish I could teach that - but it is after all, only my personal experience...

You'll find a lot of threads here where folks 'explore' issues - the controversial and otherwise (especially in SOAP BOX). Stand back and take it all with a grain of salt. In other words, "Be in the world, but not of it..."

And once again, welcome...

FAL1

9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I read an article stating NASA scientists and technicians are going to set up home bases and space stations on the moon and on Mars. Their goal is to colonize the far reaches of space and leave this planet in about a century or so.

What this tells me is that mankind (or scamkind) basically takes the Earth for granted. After writing, drawing, and erasing on it, they crumple the Earth up into a spitball and throw it away. Time to move on, the fucking progress and profit oriented tech-heads say.

If I were still alive a century from now, I'd say good riddance. The Earth will recover from scamkind's industrial exploitation and bounce back with lush forests and rich coral reefs. I will stay behind to enjoy the blue skies, green trees, warm beaches, and cool surf.

Scamkind is way too obsessed with technological progress and growth to enjoy what's in front of them. Hopefully violent storms and earthquakes will get to them before their rockets can.:tongue:

10. I agree, NO HOPE!

11. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

kill god and maybe we'll find the answer.

12. Rawr

Rawr Active Member

I too agree with everything you said and it is a big part of the way i feel. I feel like i still belive there is a miracle but i no really that i am never going to find on in this world i just darent actually admit it to myself cause the little hope i had left will be gone and then i will have nothing.

13. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, mass consumerism and the rise of globalisation has changed our world forever, too many people care more about upgrading their material objects than they do for one another. You cant however bear the weight of this on your shoulders. Get involved as an activist and make a difference with direct action. Tax the rich, not the poor....one solution class war!

14. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but has anyone actually read what Klaxor wrote? Although there are some interesting points raised he does contridict himself at times.

e.g. - you or any other man has never witnessed a god, why do you believe that it exists? Don't you people think?!?!? Why do people believe things that don't add up?

thats one pt then he says:

e.g. Maybe a god did create us, I'm not ruling it out, but there is no reason to base your life upon a book written by fellow men to control you.

Klaxor you are obviously still uncertain yourself about what you believe. That's fine, i think life is a journey and we believe in different things at different times and i'm not going to say that either believing or not believing in God is the right answer but just be careful to make choices and decisions, especially suicide, based on something you just aren't sure about.

"""Truth is something that I find to be very important, but it doesn't seem that mankind has much interest in it."""

I agree with you, i think that there is a lot in the world that is very wrong, and a lot of morals and values have changed over the years for the worse but with regards to the truth - do you think there is a univeral truth or a cultural truth or even individual truths? If you are looking for a universal truth - why do you think there is one? This is a very spiritual way of looking at the world. I say spiritual because a universal truth is unlikely to be materialistic, created etc etc. I am not using the word religious as that is simply a set way of practising a spirituality. This difference is very important.

I am curious, is this truth of yours a simple understanding, or is it the basis for our morals? Do you believe morals change or that they are set so they never change e.g. peace, justice, mercy? But then how do you know what is a correct moral and one that is not? For example it was only 50odd years ago that a husband was legally allowed to rape his wife...now we believe that it is morally and legally wrong...but it was accepted as correct back then - why has there been this change?? Have our morals simply developed or our understanding of them? Maybe it is due to cultural changes such as the rights of women to vote etc etc - the world wars that saw women having to take a more leading role in society. I wonder how you seperate moral, political, religious, economic issues and how this relates to the 'truth' you talk about.

Do you think this truth is not altered by cultural, enviromental, economic, industrial, technological influences? How has are society been shaped simply by the internet for example, - the exchange of ideas? What exactly is stupitity and gullablity and ignorance to you? Are they not dependent upon the things above? Or can you give me a specific definition that incorportates all of these factors??

"""We're a bunch of animals on a "planet", as we call it, as we call everything, cause we just made up a bunch of sounds to communicate, it's not really supposed to be this way people, it just seems to fit us so perfectly because we've adapted to it perfectly, as has everything around us, it all fits because it has to, laws of science, space, time, etc say that it must be that way. We don't even know what life is, we're just here and we have no idea why, we may figure that out."""

This has totally confused me - can you explain this further? You say it is not really supposed to be this way - so what way is it supposed to be?? Does it matter if we have adapted to our environment - i am confused to why this is important? Have we not shaped our enviroment? Is communication not meant to have happened? If so how would we discuss this post you have written - exchange ideas? Or do you think communication has seperated us from the 'truth'?

I understand that you want a reason to be here, i think really all of us would love to know that, prehaps that is why many people believe in a 'religion', maybe it makes things seem less confusing?

""""The THEORY of a heaven/hell/afterlife is JUST A THEORY. People are just blindly believing it because it seems to make sense to them, but they really have no knowledge on the subject to determine whether or not it is true, it came straight out of thin air. A god didn't write a book, it was man, can't you see how it controls everyone?"""""

I'm unsure whether you are an atheist or not but i doubt that really matters to be honest because i think you are simply searching...i agree with you - a lot of people do follow a specific religion simply because their parents have followed it etc, i often wonder how many christians have actually read the Bible. But that does not mean that it isn't the truth. Ignorence does not making something untrue. That is not to say i believe in God, i'm simply pointing out that you cannot link ignorence to truth. Does that make sense?

When you are talking about 'a book' what book are you talking about? The Old Testament? The Bible? The Quran?? I don't think anyone from any of these religions would say that God actually 'wrote' the book. Have you read the Bible yourself? It is written by many different people, including some of the disciples etc etc. It does state in it that this is what Jesus said because they were there at the time (or near enough)...but Jesus didn't actually sit down and write the Bible! The Quran is slightly different, the words in it are the direct words of God but written by some of Muhammeds friends, the words were given to Muhammed by Angel Gabriel.

I guess i'm going off on a tangent - i do understand what you are attempting to say - that people seem to follow blindly whatever the 'book' says, but is that really the fault of the 'book' itself? Of course i'd love for people to be more open to different ideas - i'm currently reading the Bible and the Quran and an athiest book 'God delusion' (prehaps you have heard of it - if not go and look it up :) ) BUT unfortunately some people are poor, uneducated, living in a country that does not tolerate debate. I think sometimes we forget how lucky we are. We have the chance to ask these questions that you are asking!
    One last thing - do you really think a higher IQ would lead to a better society? Sure, education is incrediably important and is very much the way forward but again what type of intelligence should be higher? Haven't some highly intelligent people brought about some awful things? E.g. the atomic bomb - the scientist that made it did not want it to be used in hiroshema Japan in the 2nd world war but it was the decision of the political parties at the time...but he did create it so is he partially responsible? I can't answer that myself....

I believe there is hope because people like you care enough to ask these questions and the answers you will find given time will hopefully lead you to be of great benefit to our world.

I would be very much interested in your reply to me.

15. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

The way I see it, worrying about world issues really has no positive effects so I don't bother doing it. So religion might be a crock, the world might be swarming with heartless monsters, we could certainly use some more intelligent people in leadership positions, so what? If religious people want to be religious why would I want to shoot holes in their comforts because of my beliefs? They are happy. Everyone would probably benefit a lot more from simply living and let live, accepting that they are different and living harmoniously regardless, rather than pointing fingers at who is stupid for believing what and who is right for proving them wrong. You can sit there and moan about how terrible the world is today just like millions of other people are doing and all it does is further fuel the fire for pessimists and everyone else seeking to change this terrible world, never realizing that maybe they would do better taking a nice big slice of humble pie and changing themselves before ridiculing the rest of the world for its faults.

16. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

17. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I only care about myself and my family to be really honest; however, I do not mind helping anyone who genuinely needs help. I don't bother with politics, race, class, religion or any shit because it depresses me even more. Sure, Im sad about what's happening but I can't do anything about it so its best I don't think about it.

18. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

Hahaha Mark that youtube video is very funny, the best part is the antelope being chased by the tiger or whatever it is - i can imagine that is actually what would happen if they could speak lol!

Wanttodie - heard of learned helplessness? lol nah i think you're already doing your bit, family is important :)

19. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Since my last post here, things have changed for me and so fuck mankind! Us and this whole bloody planet is going to Hell in a handbasket!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.