Where is the line?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jasper2019, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasper2019

jasper2019 New Member

Where do you draw the line from normal feelings of wanting to commit suicide, and actually being suicidal? What I mean by normal feelings is just passing thoughts of suicide. Don't tell me that that isn't normal because everyone has them at one point or another in their lives. Its unavoidable.

Some background on me. In my twenties. My high school social interactions sucked (bullied) which I figure is why I'm rather reclusive and to myself now for the most part. I do have friends and go out sometimes, just not as much as most other people. I don't consider myself suicidal by any means as I'm not all that depressed, and if I am depressed its mild compared to a lot of other people on here I'm sure. But I do have thoughts about how to go about offing myself. One example is, when I drive home from work, the road I drive on runs parallel to the interstate and about 20 feet higher on a hill side. Theres a slight curve at one point where the ground forms what could be used as a ramp to launch my car off of into the busy high way below, if I were to drive straight. Another example is, if I were ever to actually go through with it, I'd make sure I'd never be able to be saved. Point in case, walking to an overpass drunk with a few pills in me, cutting my wrists and leaping over the guardrails into an oncoming semi truck's path below on the interstate.

Keep in mind that I'm not depressed and don't consider myself suicidal. Just wondering that if I were, should I get help?

Actually I think I am depressed and lonely. But I would never go through with any of that. Atleast not at this stage in life. Its up for grabs if my feelings get any worse though
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  2. jasper2019

jasper2019 New Member

Or you can be a bunch of Dbags and not answer. Once again I'm cast out of society, except this time its a fucking forum. Time to leave.
  3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Hey, sorry that nobody answered, I sure as hell know how that feels, I've been here for over two years and haven't done anything here, nobody knows me, etc. I'm the real outcast here.

We're all suffering too, we're human beings with our own crap to deal with so we may not get time to answer you in time.

But yes, two days is way too long to wait for a reply to your thread. Maybe people didn't know how to answer to your problems. For a faster response, you could try the chat room or PM someone here.
  4. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

hey i would have answered earlier but... there's no excuse.

first off...welcome to the forum. i'm not the hall monitor here but i agree with nkrukato that someone should have said something sooner. you know, i am in the same situation as you often. there are days i have passing thoughts of offing myself, then there are the other days that it becomes much more intense. usually i get through it and it trails off again, but it's always there in the back of my head, never far from coming back and being the only thought i have. i wish i had some good advice for you but what i do have is the fact that i care and i hope to hear more from you.
  5. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

only once in my life did I think of committing suicide, but I am glad I didn't. After that time, my life just kept getting better and better and better. How did I stop??

I prayed to God and asked him to give me strength to overcome the problems I was facing.

ANother thing that helped is that I had a freidn who consoled me, who supported me emotionally.

That was in 1987. At that time, we did not have the Internet, else I would have logged on to SF.

Check out this web site that gives me guidance when I am confused:

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I sometimes think I don't really think about anything else:sad:
    Even when I don't think I'm thinking about it its still ticking away in the back of my head.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.