Where should I be posting?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SoleSpider, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoleSpider

SoleSpider Member

I have depression and loneliness and need to talk to others who can relate. I feel frustration when I post but don't really get any conversations going and I can't relate to a lot of posts so I don't reply. For example, people who post about breaking up with their SO - I can't relate because I think at least they had someone which means they can find someone else. There are also posts about drug or alcohol addiction. I can't relate to those because I don't have any chemical additions. Then there are the people who post about medications because their depression comes from a chemical imbalance. My depression comes from having a life with a crappy history and being lonely all the time. The posters who are kids, I feel like they are having typical teenage crisis feelings. I can't relate.

Where do I post?
  2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Perhaps the best part of this forum for you SoleSpider would be the 'Let it All Out' section. There, you can either post privately in the 'private members' sub-section or publicly in the 'members public' sub-section. Either that or the Depression part of SF.

With SF being open to all there is obviously going to be a cross-section of members.

Another section which might help is 'Antiquities Friends, ideal for over 30's.

tc SoleSpider

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You can post here- most anyplace- the links and resources section where i found this would not get much notice so i moved to suicide forum. Suicide forum , depression forum, and let it all out get noticed a little more.

Part of the problem you are having with feeling like you relate to people here may be a lack of understanding about depression and the fact you are not being treated for depression so have never had it explained to you. Medications are not used for "chemical imbalance depression" or "situational depression"- there are not "categories" of depression. If you have depression (and form your posts having just read through all of them it seems clear you do though i am not a DR so you need to get zDx by a dr not me) then you have depression and 80% of all cases of depression respond well and have improvement with medications.

The act of feeling depressed and the body responses to feeling depressed over a long period of time result in the situation where it can be treated chemically or by pharmacological means in many cases. More importantly, despite what you may believe, simply fixing a couple problems in your life will not likely make your depression go away. If you fix those problems and do not address the depression itself they will simply be replaced with other problems in your mind and perception and then it will turn into the "no matter what i do to change or try it never gets better". It never gets better because the depression which is causing this perception has never been treated.

For more replies make short posts addressing 1 or 2 specific problems and ask for advice or support so people know what you are looking for. If you are having problem and want to know what others would do , say you want to know what they would do. If you just want ot know people read and understand and you are not alone or crazy then say so . This lets people know what you are looking for so they are more comfortable responding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.