Where to die?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Anonymous2, Aug 1, 2008.

?

What’s better for a suicide victim’s family? (Read Post)

1. For the victim to be missing and then found dead long after death or never found

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. For the victim to be found dead in parents garage

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

The fist scenario is based on the assumption that the victim would go to a remote location to die. The second scenario is based on the assumption that the victim dies in the same house that his parents lives in.

The method of death is poison so the body in garage would not be mutilated…. And no, it’s not the unreliable car exh**.t method you-all have heard about. In addition, it is likely that the authorities would see the body before the victims family does.

The body could be decomposed in the first scenario because it could take a long time to be found. In addition, the body might never be found in the first scenario because the location is unknown and remote.

If you-all think the fist location (remote) is ideal, please provide some suggestions for remote locations. This will not aid in suicide, but rather ensure a suicidal individual uses the least detrimental location. In other words, the individual would die no matter what, but knowing a good location could potentially lessen the trauma for his family. If the suicidal individual uses a remote location, he must have a good remote location because he cannot risk rescue and he needs a few hours to ensure death.

2. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed. You didn't include an option for finding the body in the place that would cause maximal annoyance to the greatest possible number of people. For example, something that would cause a traffic jam.

Among the truly wise and mature, that option is considered to be the most refined of all.

3. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

You know, at first I would say first option but then I got to thinking. I would rather have a loved one be found and know that they are never coming back then to never know what happened at all and keep hoping that they will come back someday. . . er. . . that sounds wrong now that I wrote it down. . . I honestly don't know now :unsure:.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I can't imagine too many people voting on this :(
    Neither is ideal.

5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I'd go to a remote location to die....less hassle all round.

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

It seems less harmful on the family not having to see your dead body or have a ambulance and police come to the house. Better yet make it looks like an accident or murder, that way they won't have bad memories of you.

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Ehhhh....I still think it should fall under the methods category. It is offering specific advice and almost encouragement. How many different ways are there to say this is a pro life support site?

8. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

any decent parents would rather know you were dead than wondering what happened for years and years. I've already talked to my mum about it and I know for a fact that'd be 100 times harder than the suicide itself. Not to mention you'd most likely be found eventually. Make it look like a murder and you waste everyones time, and should it not be ruled a suicide right away I'm sure your parents would be suspect immedietly.

I agree not having family find you IS ideal, but going missing andliving with not knowing for who knows how long is just..eh. Do it somewhere where your family aren't going to find you first.

9. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

Both options would hurt...
    And I don't know.. it's really hard to decide.

10. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

Having thought of this quite a bit before I saw this poll, I'd choose the first one. However, I'd leave a note to my loved ones explaining what I'm doing (though obviously not where I'm doing it) so that they'd know I'm dead. I would also leave a note on my person saying I was a suicide, not a homicide...though that wouldn't save much investigation time anyway, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.